It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:00 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by Yincognito »

keifufu wrote: May 11th, 2023, 6:58 pm The position/duration issue is unfortunate, can't do anything about it if players/plugins don't provide that info to Windows.
It's the same with events like setposition, Playpause, etc. as they also need to be provided to windows from the player.
At least for events, WNP 2.0 has new measures like "SupportsPlayPause" etc to let skins know if the current player has support for it.
That's ok, maybe it will be corrected in the future by the related developers. The important thing is that it works, so at least there's a good base to have. Personally, I consider these drawbacks to be small, but it's true that they would be needed for complete skin information / control. Thanks again - good job! :rosegift:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

keifufu wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:18 pm It's out now!
If you run into any issue with it, please open an issue on GitHub ^^

https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Redux-Rainmeter/releases/tag/2.0.0
Multiple artist names not showing in 'Windows Media Session', showing only the first artist name. I use Spotify and I just uninstalled Spicetify after this update. Everything is good except the artist's name.

Here is the Spotify Screenshot
Screenshot 2023-05-13 154206.png

This is the Skin Screenshot
Screenshot 2023-05-13 154224.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Tezz95 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 10:17 am Multiple artist names not showing in 'Windows Media Session', showing only the first artist name. I use Spotify and I just uninstalled Spicetify after this update. Everything is good except the artist's name.

Here is the Spotify Screenshot
Screenshot 2023-05-13 154206.png

This is the Skin Screenshot
Screenshot 2023-05-13 154224.png
It seems there isn't anything I can do about this. The windows API only allows for one artist to be specified and it seems Spotify only reports the first instead of joining multiple artists with commas :/
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

keifufu wrote: May 13th, 2023, 5:22 pm It seems there isn't anything I can do about this. The windows API only allows for one artist to be specified and it seems Spotify only reports the first instead of joining multiple artists with commas :/
So is it possible to allow WebNowPugin to fetch data from multiple sources? In my case everything from Spotify Desktop (with Spicetify) except Album art and only Album art from Windows API. Then everything will work perfectly.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 5:00 am So is it possible to allow WebNowPugin to fetch data from multiple sources? In my case everything from Spotify Desktop (with Spicetify) except Album art and only Album art from Windows API. Then everything will work perfectly.
Just an idea... you could mass change the artist tags in your audio files to use a character that can be interpreted as not an artist separator by the API... there are software that could possibly do that (MP3Tag?)...
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Tezz95 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 5:00 am So is it possible to allow WebNowPugin to fetch data from multiple sources? In my case everything from Spotify Desktop (with Spicetify) except Album art and only Album art from Windows API. Then everything will work perfectly.
No, that's not possible.
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

Yincognito wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:06 am Just an idea... you could mass change the artist tags in your audio files to use a character that can be interpreted as not an artist separator by the API... there are software that could possibly do that (MP3Tag?)...
Yeah, I can change it for offline mp3 files, but it's not possible for online music (in my case Spotify).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:16 am Yeah, I can change it for offline mp3 files, but it's not possible for online music (in my case Spotify).
Yep, indeed - a good reason to prefer the former and be able to control your own life and possessions as you want. :Whistle
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

keifufu wrote: May 14th, 2023, 3:57 pm No, that's not possible.
Yes, you have made it possible in the latest update 2.0.1.0. Thank you. :yahoo:
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Tezz95 wrote: June 11th, 2023, 3:11 am Yes, you have made it possible in the latest update 2.0.1.0. Thank you. :yahoo:
Not sure what you mean, it's still not possible :thinking: