It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:56 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Tezz95

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by Tezz95 »

Yincognito wrote: May 1st, 2023, 3:35 pm I don't know if this applies to your case, but maybe it's about this? :confused:
I understand. But In my case, this happens with every song and every cover gets cropped in the same ratio (most probably). This plugin is properly showing the cover with Foobar. I think this may be a bug with this plugin for Spotify. I Hope Dev will fix this.
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: May 1st, 2023, 4:19 pm Check Yincognito's above idea, but I have no more idea about this. Sorry...
I checked, but no.....
Please don't say sorry and thanks for your support. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 4:45 pm I understand. But In my case, this happens with every song and every cover gets cropped in the same ratio (most probably). This plugin is properly showing the cover with Foobar. I think this may be a bug with this plugin for Spotify. I Hope Dev will fix this.
Yeah, it was a possibility worth checking out. Me, I'm on good ol' Winamp and even though I never needed to display the cover, I have no doubt it won't alter the outcome. Not sure if it's the plugin at fault here though, because generally, such plugins only work with what they get from other software. The developer might probably be able to say more about that.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 4:48 pm Please don't say sorry and thanks for your support. :)
But I'm saying. Finally couldn't help you.

But now reading Yincognito's reply, got an idea. Try if the same cropping goes on if you use another player. You can use not just an installed player, but even YouTubo on your browser (if you're using a supported browser, like Chrome, Firefox, Edge and so on). There is nothing to do, just close Spotify, start playing something from YouTube (anything) and if needed, refresh the skin. Still cropped?
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: May 1st, 2023, 6:14 pm But I'm saying. Finally couldn't help you.

But now reading Yincognito's reply, got an idea. Try if the same cropping goes on if you use another player. You can use not just an installed player, but even YouTubo on your browser (if you're using a supported browser, like Chrome, Firefox, Edge and so on). There is nothing to do, just close Spotify, start playing something from YouTube (anything) and if needed, refresh the skin. Still cropped?
I just discovered it's showing the cover properly with Spotify Web.
What a bad luck for me! I only need Spotify desktop and it's have only problem with Spotify Desktop.
Anyway, leave it!... Thanks for your support
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 3:37 am I just discovered it's showing the cover properly with Spotify Web.
What a bad luck for me! I only need Spotify desktop and it's have only problem with Spotify Desktop.
So, after all, it was in fact an issue related to different Spotify versions, like hypothesized earlier (except it was web vs desktop and not desktop vs android) - maybe the code those versions are based on is the cause, albeit one would expect situations to be switched (e.g. the android version being similar to the web version instead)... :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 3:37 am I just discovered it's showing the cover properly with Spotify Web.
Anyway, leave it!... Thanks for your support
I assume Spotify Desktop is a player installed to the computer and Spotify Web is a similar online tool. Not sure, because I don't use and never did use Spotify. But this is correct, take into account what Yincognito said above. In this case, there probably the author of Spotify should fix it, maybe you could write them, describing the issue and asking for help. But I'm just guessing...
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

This problem is only happening with Spotify Desktop Version. Not with Spotify Web or Windows Store Version.
I am going to write about this problem on Spotify Community. I Hope Spotify will update the Desktop version.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 3:09 am This problem is only happening with Spotify Desktop Version. Not with Spotify Web or Windows Store Version.
I am going to write about this problem on Spotify Community. I Hope Spotify will update the Desktop version.
:thumbup:
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 1:14 pm No, It's not working, After your given resolution, I have tried with many other resolutions to get the exact Cover. But, no, it's actually doing everything on the fetched cropped Cover.
WebNowPlaying will soon support local players, as long as they report to Windows (the volume popup in win10 or the media control widget in win11)