It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:07 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: April 29th, 2023, 11:55 am I think Cover Image scaling is not accurate.
It is accurate. If you're using the original skin, posted in the first post of this topic, try replacing the PreserveAspectRatio=2 option of the [Cover] meter with PreserveAspectRatio=1.
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: April 29th, 2023, 7:48 pm It is accurate. If you're using the original skin, posted in the first post of this topic, try replacing the PreserveAspectRatio=2 option of the [Cover] meter with PreserveAspectRatio=1.
No, it's not working. The image remains the same. Actually, the image was cropped from 3 sides only- left, right and bottom.

Code: Select all

; > Cover
[Cover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=mCover
H=#Height#
W=#Height#
PreserveAspectRatio=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:55 am No, it's not working. The image remains the same. Actually, the image was cropped from 3 sides only- left, right and bottom.
I'm sorry, I don't see the problem, at least not with the media files I tried this out. Maybe you could try packing the whole MediaPlayer config (assuming you've altered it in any way), maybe including a media file which you have the problem with and upload the package, to can check.
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:39 pm I'm sorry, I don't see the problem, at least not with the media files I tried this out. Maybe you could try packing the whole MediaPlayer config (assuming you've altered it in any way), maybe including a media file which you have the problem with and upload the package, to can check.
I didn't change anything about the skin. Everything was original. I was playing with Spotify Desktop.
My Windows Specification :
Screenshot 2023-05-01 111541.png
Here is the skin :
MediaPlayer_1.1.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 5:48 am I didn't change anything about the skin. Everything was original. I was playing with Spotify Desktop.
Sorry, I still don't get the issue, if i replace the PreserveAspectRatio option of the [Cover] meter. I'm not using Spotify, but I don't think this should be a problem. If you can gat the same issue with a YouTube video for instance, a link would be nice. Just to have and can talk about the same clip.
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: May 1st, 2023, 6:16 am Sorry, I still don't get the issue, if i replace the PreserveAspectRatio option of the [Cover] meter. I'm not using Spotify, but I don't think this should be a problem. If you can gat the same issue with a YouTube video for instance, a link would be nice. Just to have and can talk about the same clip.
I have tried most of the popular music players and I found only Spotify and Foobar show Album Art on Windows 11 widget. But, unfortunately, this skin shows album art properly only with Foobar and As I told earlier it shows cropped album art with Spotify. :(

I mainly use Spotify and I have some local music that I didn't find on Spotify (maybe they have some copyright issues). So I use Spotify Music Player to listen to both types of music. Now 'NowPlaying' Plugin is not fully supported on Spotify and it works properly with 'WebNowPlying'. But the problem is 'WebNowPlaying' can't show the Album Art of local music which I play on Spotify. Then I found this 'MediaPlayer' Plugin which fetches Album Art from Windows 11 Widget and my problem was solved. Then I discovered the album art cropping issue and the problem restarted.

Now if you could suggest any other way to show album art on the Desktop from Windows 11 widget it would be great. I don't want to use 2 music players to listen to online and offline music.

Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 10:02 am Now if you could suggest any other way to show album art on the Desktop from Windows 11 widget it would be great. I don't want to use 2 music players to listen to online and offline music.
Try the following, extremely simple code, which returns only the cover, nothing else:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MediaPlayer
PlayerType=Cover

[MeterCover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=mCover
X=0
Y=0
W=450
H=300
As you can see, in this case the [mCover] measure returns the cover, which is shown by the [MeterCover] meter. The size of the cover is set to 450 x 300 pixels, by the W and H options of the [MeterCover] meter. In such cases when you set both of these options, the image preserves its aspect ratio.
Is the cover cropped in this case as well?
Tezz95

Post by Tezz95 »

balala wrote: May 1st, 2023, 11:04 am Try the following, extremely simple code, which returns only the cover, nothing else:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MediaPlayer
PlayerType=Cover

[MeterCover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=mCover
X=0
Y=0
W=450
H=300
As you can see, in this case the [mCover] measure returns the cover, which is shown by the [MeterCover] meter. The size of the cover is set to 450 x 300 pixels, by the W and H options of the [MeterCover] meter. In such cases when you set both of these options, the image preserves its aspect ratio.
Is the cover cropped in this case as well?

No, It's not working, After your given resolution, I have tried with many other resolutions to get the exact Cover. But, no, it's actually doing everything on the fetched cropped Cover.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 1:14 pm No, It's not working, After your given resolution, I have tried with many other resolutions to get the exact Cover. But, no, it's actually doing everything on the fetched cropped Cover.
I don't know if this applies to your case, but maybe it's about this? :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tezz95 wrote: May 1st, 2023, 1:14 pm No, It's not working, After your given resolution, I have tried with many other resolutions to get the exact Cover. But, no, it's actually doing everything on the fetched cropped Cover.
Check Yincognito's above idea, but I have no more idea about this. Sorry...