It is currently April 28th, 2024, 10:34 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 1st, 2023, 8:54 pm Well, this why I never update anything automatically on my system bar malware signatures, I always do clean installs where I know what to expect and I agree with it, and when I do rarely update I only do it manually and for functionality reasons (Rainmeter might be the only one deserving that honor on my machine)...

Not pleasant to have something pushed down your throat that breaks something working just fine before, I know.
Music Groove has been updated through a Windows update. Usually I don't update programs either, however I always install Windows updates. They seem to can be postponed for a while, but after some period they have to be installed. This is how I got Music Groove (or Media Player?) updated, which I didn't even realized for a while. I only did realize there is a new version of this software, just after I have started dealing with this Rainmeter plugin. Usually I just double click the media files, minimizing the player and let it running this way, so didn1t pay too much attention to it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

i2002 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:00 pm Curious to see how long it takes them to fix this.
Too long probably. Does anyone know where this issue can be reported? I'd like to do this, if possible.
i2002

Post by i2002 »

balala wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 6:43 am Too long probably. Does anyone know where this issue can be reported? I'd like to do this, if possible.
It looks like it has already been reported at least once: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-players-overlay-doesnt-display-any/1a60105d-1604-4783-aca1-44e6cc53a856. And it seems the bug has been around for some months.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

i2002 wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 8:44 am It looks like it has already been reported at least once: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-players-overlay-doesnt-display-any/1a60105d-1604-4783-aca1-44e6cc53a856. And it seems the bug has been around for some months.
:o Well, I'm out of ideas :o : both, the Media Player's overlay (not sure this is the right term, just assume) and the skin using the plugin has started returning both, the title and the artist from the Media Player app. Just checked three (or even more) times, to make sure. It works, title and artist are returned properly. Today had no installed Windows update.
Have no explanation, have no idea about what is going on. But am glad it started working.
However would be interested in knowing if this is happening on other systems as well. The issue were there only when used the new Media Player app (not the old Windows Media Player), on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (build 19045.3324) 64-bit - English (1033). The issue has not been present when played for instance a YouTube video, into a browser.