It is currently May 8th, 2024, 11:34 pm

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
sl23

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by sl23 »

Thanks for the fixes, and supplying the plugin. I imagine a lot of people are greatful for it!

I'll test it ASAP...
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Just wondering, how difficult is it to upgrade a plugin from 32bit to 64bit? Does it require much programming to change it? Or is it simple and just needs compiling from source code to become a 64bit dll?

It's just that the source code for foo_cad_plus is available to download, so does that mean anyone can create the 64bit version if they knew how?
- MuLab -
i2002

Post by i2002 »

sl23 wrote: August 13th, 2023, 1:54 pm Just wondering, how difficult is it to upgrade a plugin from 32bit to 64bit? Does it require much programming to change it? Or is it simple and just needs compiling from source code to become a 64bit dll?

It's just that the source code for foo_cad_plus is available to download, so does that mean anyone can create the 64bit version if they knew how?
Usually it's just choosing the architecture to compile, but there could sometimes be code that is architecture dependent.

I haven't used foobar2000, so I don't know how the plugin system works there. From a quick internet search I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/13dbsga/foo_cad_plus133fb2kcomponent/. I'm not sure if the plugin just needs to be also compiled as a 64bit dll, or if the plugin format changed in the 64bit version of foobar and therefore the code needs changes.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

OK thanks, I need to get on the forum there and find out. Can't do it yet as I don't know my password as I'm on my phone! :thumbup:
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Just gave a quick test to the version 1.3.0.0 of the plugin. It's excelent. Works perfectly. Didn't find issues. The progress and position are updated correctly now. Everything seems to be alright.
In its actual form, this plugin is more than useful. I think these days lot of users are using the modern Media Player on Windows 10 and 11 and lot of them are playing online contents as well, using a modern browser. For both this plugin is indispensable, since NowPlaying measures can't handle none of these tasks.
You definitely deserve a huge thank you for all the work done in developing this plugin and fixing the issues. As said above the progress and position are updated correctly. The PlayerType options became case insensitive. Version number has been fixed. All done properly.
There is one single, this time not too important detail, which should be fixed however: in the code of your skin please use the proper version number. The last skin contained in the package numbered as 1.3, has the version in the [Metadata] section still as Version=1.1. Not a too big problem, definitely was much more important to fix the version number in the plugin, but still...
i2002

Post by i2002 »

balala wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:40 pm There is one single, this time not too important detail, which should be fixed however: in the code of your skin please use the proper version number. The last skin contained in the package numbered as 1.3, has the version in the [Metadata] section still as Version=1.1. Not a too big problem, definitely was much more important to fix the version number in the plugin, but still...
In the next version I will update that as well. Thanks for pointing out.
balala wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:40 pm Just gave a quick test to the version 1.3.0.0 of the plugin. It's excelent. Works perfectly. Didn't find issues. The progress and position are updated correctly now. Everything seems to be alright.
I'm glad it works.
balala wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:40 pm I think these days lot of users are using the modern Media Player on Windows 10 and 11 and lot of them are playing online contents as well, using a modern browser. For both this plugin is indispensable, since NowPlaying measures can't handle none of these tasks.
True, though it's a shame that many applications do not completely support the options provided by the windows api. Maybe this will improve over time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

i2002 wrote: August 13th, 2023, 8:38 pm Maybe this will improve over time.
Maybe, maybe not? We'll see...
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

balala wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:40 pm In its actual form, this plugin is more than useful. I think these days lot of users are using the modern Media Player on Windows 10 and 11 and lot of them are playing online contents as well, using a modern browser. For both this plugin is indispensable, since NowPlaying measures can't handle none of these tasks.
Since browser media was mentioned I'd just like to remind everyone that WebNowPlaying is built precisely for this task. It gets more- and more accurate info from browser media than is exposed via the windows API. Also a reminder that WebNowPlaying supports desktop players via the same windows API and switches between them and browser media automatically.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

That auto switching is perhaps the only thing I dislike about the plugin. I had foobar playing then opened a YouTube tab by mistake that started playing.

Trouble is, that I can't then control foobar with the skin so then have to focus it to close it making the skin almost useless for me. I don't want control of web site media, only foobar. Don't suppose that's an option though?
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

@Yincognito: I am about to post on foobar forum about requesting support for foobar showing up in Windows API. I just wanted to get confirmation that my request is accurate so as to avoid confusion as to what needs adding to foobar for this plugin to pick up all info about what is currently playing.

As far as I am aware, this is the info that needs to be sent to the Windows API:
  • Album
  • Year
  • Progress duration
  • Progress position
I know this list could go on adding a lot of info, But I don't want to ask for too much. So for me this is all I need. But do you, or anyone, think there are other important info's required?
- MuLab -