It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:41 pm

Image hide something

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Alloutofmercy

Image hide something

Post by Alloutofmercy »

So, I want to hover over this "X' and get "Y" showed. I tried that with show meter/ Imagemeter bangs but the object Y is present everytime I refresh the skin. I want it to only appear when I am hovering over 'X'. How do I do that ?
This is the showmeter thing I tried

Code: Select all

Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#\Images\icons8-coordinate-system-96.png
X=0
Y=100
W=25
MouseOverAction= [!Showmeter Systraybox] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[Hidemeter Systraybox]  [!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
BOOTY
David8192

Re: Image hide something

Post by David8192 »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:39 pm So, I want to hover over this "X' and get "Y" showed. I tried that with show meter/ Imagemeter bangs but the object Y is present everytime I refresh the skin. I want it to only appear when I am hovering over 'X'. How do I do that ?

Meter=Image
X=0
Y=100
W=25
DynamicVariables=1
Under the Y meter add Hidden=1
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
David8192

Post by David8192 »

Alloutofmercy wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:39 pm So, I want to hover over this "X' and get "Y" showed. I tried that with show meter/ Imagemeter bangs but the object Y is present everytime I refresh the skin. I want it to only appear when I am hovering over 'X'. How do I do that ?

Meter=Image
X=0
Y=100
W=25
DynamicVariables=1
Your [Hidemeter Systraybox] is missing an !.
Also, unless you are fine with the normal Update, you can add an !UpdateMeter bang before !Redraw

MouseOverAction= [!Showmeter Systraybox][!UpdateMeter "Systraybox"] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!Hidemeter Systraybox] [!UpdateMeter "Systraybox"]  [!Redraw]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

David8192 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:35 pm Also, unless you are fine with the normal Update, you can add an !UpdateMeter bang before !Redraw

MouseOverAction= [!Showmeter Systraybox][!UpdateMeter "Systraybox"] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!Hidemeter Systraybox] [!UpdateMeter "Systraybox"]  [!Redraw]
In fact updating a meter when showing / hiding it doesn't make too much sense (at least not from the point of view of showing / hiding it). Redrawing the skin does, because when showing / hiding the meter, the skin has to be redrawn in order to immediately get the meter shown / hidden, but the meter itself doesn't have to be updated.
So the above MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options should look like this (same as what Alloutofmercy used):

MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter "Systraybox"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter "Systraybox"][!Redraw]
Don't misunderstand: there is nothing wrong with updating those meters, it can be done and will not cause any trouble. But this practically is useless, unless something has been changed in the meter itself (for instance with a !SetVariable or a !SetOption bang).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Beside David8192's perfectly right solution with using the Hidden=1 option on the meter, another procedure with the same result is to add the following OnRefreshAction option to the [Rainmeter] section of your skin: OnRefreshAction=[!HideMeter "Systraybox"][!Redraw]. The bangs of this option are executed on the first moment when the skin is refreshed, so accordingly the meter is hidden immediately.
If there already is an OnRefreshAction option in the [Rainmeter] section of your skin, just add the above two bangs ([!HideMeter "Systraybox"] and [!Redraw]) to the already existing bangs in the existing OnRefreshAction option.
As usually and as can be seen, there are more solutions to the same question. Probably David8192's solution is easier and much more "natural" then this, however hiding the meter with the OnRefreshAction option is another approach of the same question.
David8192

Post by David8192 »

balala wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:49 pm Don't misunderstand: there is nothing wrong with updating those meters, it can be done and will not cause any trouble. But this practically is useless, unless something has been changed in the meter itself (for instance with a !SetVariable or a !SetOption bang).
I can be unclear sometimes.
I did indicate that if Alloutofmercy is fine with the update s/he :confused: can omit this part.
unless you are fine with the normal Update
What I had in mind is that the Systraybox meter might, possibly, be collecting some info while it is hidden. That was the whole reason for the !UpdateMeter bang.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

David8192 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:14 pm I can be unclear sometimes.
I did indicate that if Alloutofmercy is fine with the update s/he :confused: can omit this part.
What I had in mind is that the Systray meter might, possibly, be collecting some info while it is hidden. That was the whole reason for the !UpdateMeter bang.
Alright, it seems I misunderstood this part. Yep, if the meter itself is altered in any way, adding the !UpdateMeter makes definitely sense. Sorry again for my mistake.
David8192

Post by David8192 »

balala wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:19 pm Alright, it seems I misunderstood this part. Yep, if the meter itself is altered in any way, adding the !UpdateMeter makes definitely sense. Sorry again for my mistake.
No worries. It's 8-)
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

Thanks ! Worked like a charm
BOOTY
David8192

Post by David8192 »

:great:
Alloutofmercy wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:16 pm Thanks ! Worked like a charm