It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:49 am

Help with using a plugin (Todoist)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Morsmodre

Help with using a plugin (Todoist)

Post by Morsmodre »

Hey Everyone!
I'm looking to have my todoist.com tasks show up in a rainmeter skin. I found a plugin for the same: https://github.com/stuporfly/RainmeterTodoistPlugin/ , yet don't know how to use it in a skin. Would be great if you could make a sample skin on how to use this plugin.
Morsmodre

Re: Help with using a plugin (Todoist)

Post by Morsmodre »

Nevermind, I found a better alternative. Still, feel free to share anything that would help in making use of this plugin. Might benefit anyone else looking for the same.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Morsmodre wrote: December 5th, 2021, 10:50 am I'm looking to have my todoist.com tasks show up in a rainmeter skin. I found a plugin for the same: https://github.com/stuporfly/RainmeterTodoistPlugin/ , yet don't know how to use it in a skin. Would be great if you could make a sample skin on how to use this plugin.
As far as I can tell this might be the source of a plugin, however the plugin itself is not compiled. A plugin which can be used by Rainmeter has to be a .dll file. But there is no such a file in the package.
Where this package has been posted, where did you find it? I'd like to take a look, if possible.
Morsmodre

Post by Morsmodre »

balala wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:23 pm As far as I can tell this might be the source of a plugin, however the plugin itself is not compiled. A plugin which can be used by Rainmeter has to be a .dll file. But there is no such a file in the package.
Where this package has been posted, where did you find it? I'd like to take a look, if possible.
Thanks, Balala! I found the link to that repo in a reddit post: https://old.reddit.com/r/todoist/comments/lynt9t/todoist_pluginskin_for_rainmeter/
There's not much in that post though, except a youtube link.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Morsmodre wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:39 pm I found the link to that repo in a reddit post: https://old.reddit.com/r/todoist/comments/lynt9t/todoist_pluginskin_for_rainmeter/
I completely agree with MessedSeed in the discussion. He couldn't find a way to install the plugin. I couldn't either. As said, the plugin isn't compiled. It might be a simple task to copile it, but this isn't done so far. As said in my previous reply, a Rainmeter plugin should be done as a .dll file, practically in two variants: a x64 and a x86 version, to can be installed / used on both systems. But there is no .dll file at all in this package. I'm not experienced enough in working with C++ / C# codes, so maybe the plugin might be compiled easily, but unfortunately I can't advice you here.
Morsmodre wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:39 pm There's not much in that post though, except a youtube link.
Which makes no sense at least not for me.
Morsmodre

Post by Morsmodre »

balala wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:25 pm I completely agree with MessedSeed in the discussion. He couldn't find a way to install the plugin. I couldn't either. As said, the plugin isn't compiled. It might be a simple task to copile it, but this isn't done so far. As said in my previous reply, a Rainmeter plugin should be done as a .dll file, practically in two variants: a x64 and a x86 version, to can be installed / used on both systems. But there is no .dll file at all in this package. I'm not experienced enough in working with C++ / C# codes, so maybe the plugin might be compiled easily, but unfortunately I can't advice you here.

Which makes no sense at least not for me.
Thanks nonetheless. I guess even if .dll file was available, it would have been futile without any documentation on how to use the plugin?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Morsmodre wrote: December 7th, 2021, 5:32 am I guess even if .dll file was available, it would have been futile without any documentation on how to use the plugin?
Right. This should have been done by the author.
Demianwulf

Post by Demianwulf »

Morsmodre wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:59 pm Nevermind, I found a better alternative. Still, feel free to share anything that would help in making use of this plugin. Might benefit anyone else looking for the same.
What was the alternative you found? I am in the same boat looking for a todoist option in rainmeter or something similar.