It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:02 am

I want to combine a skin and a technique Ive seen on the forum!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
EvilEngine

I want to combine a skin and a technique Ive seen on the forum!

Post by EvilEngine »

Hi!
I am SUPER new to rainmeter. So I found this cool skin by lfgberg: https://github.com/lfgberg/ACNH-NookPhone/releases

And while I got everything set up as I wanted it, the nookphone is too big for me to be on the desktop all the time. https://imgur.com/a/sveQHes

I found this thing on this forum: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=23269
and I thought maybe I could use this to slide the nookphone down, so it only shows the top bar with the Wifi Icon displayed. I tried to copy the code which slides it down but Ive read how it works and I dont even find how big the nookphone is and yea.. Im 100% lost coming into this program and I would love if someone could help me...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I want to combine a skin and a technique Ive seen on the forum!

Post by balala »

EvilEngine wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:17 pm and I thought maybe I could use this to slide the nookphone down, so it only shows the top bar with the Wifi Icon displayed. I tried to copy the code which slides it down but Ive read how it works and I dont even find how big the nookphone is and yea.. Im 100% lost coming into this program and I would love if someone could help me...
Here is a solution and sorry for the late reply. I worked with the NookPhone\NookPhone\Full Size.ini, skin, because you didn't tell which of those three would you like to use (75%.ini, 90%.ini or Full Size.ini), but the other two can be same way altered. If Full size.ini is not what you want to use and can't modify the desired one in a proper way, please let me know, to assist you.
Replace the code of the above mentioned file (NookPhone\NookPhone\Full Size.ini) with the following one. Note a few things:
  • I had to comment out the @include option of the [LoadOutline] section (at the end of the code), because otherwise couldn't get the sliding working well.
  • Accordingly I had to add all MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the [App] - [App15] meters directly to the meters themselves.
  • I modified the X and Y options of the same [App] - [App15] meters, as well as the position of all other meters.
  • I set a height (650 pixels) for the skin, through the SkinHeight option of the [Rainmeter] section. Definitely it's not a good solution, because you can see partially the icons of first row, but this can and will be improved as well, if you find the skin well working.
Please let me know what you think. A few other improvement are absolutely needed, but first I want to know if this is what you want.

Code: Select all

;To setup this skin please configure the variables is Settings.inc

[Metadata]
Name=ACNH NookPhone Launcher
Author=Lfgberg
Information=Launcher skin themed after the Animal Crossing New Horizons NookPhone
License=Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
@include=#@#\Settings.inc
SkinHeight=650

[Variables]
BackgroundColor=246,242,229
AccentColor=209,194,174
AppColor=206,161,103
Row1Y=130
Row2Y=225
Row3Y=320
Row4Y=415
Row5Y=510
Column1X=55
Column2X=165
Column3X=270
AppSize=75
OutlineSize=15
Y=500
Upd=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureMove"][!UpdateMeter "Background"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Apps"][!UpdateMeter "Outline"][!Redraw]

[TextStyle]
FontFace=Bw Seido Round DEMO Bold
StringStyle=Bold
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1

[MeasureMove]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Up,10,50
Up=[!SetVariable Y "(Clamp((#Y#-10),0,500))"]#Upd#
ActionList2=Repeat Down,10,50
Down=[!SetVariable Y "(Clamp((#Y#+10),0,500))"]#Upd#
DynamicVariables=1

[Background]
Meter=Shape
Y=#Y#
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,400,650,75 | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | Stroke Color #BackgroundColor#
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureMove" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureMove" "Stop 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureMove" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureMove" "Execute 2"]

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#I:%M %p

[MeterTime]
X=200r
Y=25r
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTime
MeterStyle=TextStyle
FontColor=#AccentColor#
FontSize=12

[MapPinCircle]
Meter=Shape
X=-200r
Y=-25r
Shape=Ellipse 325,35,15 | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Stroke Color #AccentColor#

[MapPin]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\map-pin.png
W=18
H=23
X=316r
Y=24r

[NookHead]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\nook-head.png
W=25
H=25
X=-216r
Y=0r

[MeasureWifiQuality]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WiFiStatus
WiFiInfoType=Quality
IfCondition=MeasureWifiQuality <= 20
IfTrueAction=[!SetOptionGroup WifiBars MyModifiers "Fill Color #BackgroundColor#"][!SetOptionGroup WeakConnection MyModifiers "Fill Color #AccentColor#"]
IfCondition2=MeasureWifiQuality >=50
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOptionGroup WifiBars MyModifiers "Fill Color #BackgroundColor#"][!SetOptionGroup MediumConnection MyModifiers "Fill Color #AccentColor#"]
IfCondition3=MeasureWifiQuality >=80
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOptionGroup WifiBars MyModifiers "Fill Color #BackgroundColor#"][!SetOptionGroup StrongConnection MyModifiers "Fill Color #AccentColor#"]

[WifiBarOne]
Meter=Shape
Group=WifiBars | StrongConnection
X=-100r
Y=-24r
Shape=Rectangle 85,24,10,25,5 | Stroke Color #AccentColor# | Extend MyModifiers
MyModifiers=Fill Color #AccentColor#

[WifiBarTwo]
Meter=Shape
X=0r
Y=0r
Group=WifiBars | StrongConnection | MediumConnection
Shape=Rectangle 72,31,10,18,5 | Stroke Color #AccentColor# | Extend MyModifiers

[WifiBarThree]
Meter=Shape
X=0r
Y=0r
Group=WifiBars | StrongConnection | MediumConnection | WeakConnection
Shape=Rectangle 59,38,10,11,5 | Stroke Color #AccentColor# | Extend MyModifiers

[SelectedApp]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
FontColor=#AccentColor#
FontSize=20
X=200r
Y=70r
Text="NookPhone"

[Outline]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,#AppSize#,#AppSize#,15 | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | StrokeWidth #OutlineSize# | Extend MyModifiers
MyModifiers=Stroke Color 0,0,0,0
X=0
Y=0
DynamicVariables=1

[App]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#AppPath#"]
ImageName=#AppImage#
X=#Column1X#
Y=(#Row1Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column1X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row1Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "NookPhone"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color 0,0,0,0"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App2]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App2Path#"]
ImageName=#App2Image#
X=#Column2X#
Y=(#Row1Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column2X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row1Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "NookPhone"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color 0,0,0,0"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App3]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App3Path#"]
ImageName=#App3Image#
X=#Column3X#
Y=(#Row1Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column3X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row1Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App4]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App4Path#"]
ImageName=#App4Image#
X=#Column1X#
Y=(#Row2Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column1X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row2Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App5]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App5Path#"]
ImageName=#App5Image#
X=#Column2X#
Y=(#Row2Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column2X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row2Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App6]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App6Path#"]
ImageName=#App6Image#
X=#Column3X#
Y=(#Row2Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column3X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row2Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App7]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App7Path#"]
ImageName=#App7Image#
X=#Column1X#
Y=(#Row3Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column1X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row3Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App8]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App8Path#"]
ImageName=#App8Image#
X=#Column2X#
Y=(#Row3Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column2X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row3Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App9]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App9Path#"]
ImageName=#App9Image#
X=#Column3X#
Y=(#Row3Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column3X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row3Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App10]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App10Path#"]
ImageName=#App10Image#
X=#Column1X#
Y=(#Row4Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column1X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row4Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App11]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App11Path#"]
ImageName=#App11Image#
X=#Column2X#
Y=(#Row4Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column2X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row4Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App12]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App12Path#"]
ImageName=#App12Image#
X=#Column3X#
Y=(#Row4Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column3X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row4Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App13]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App13Path#"]
ImageName=#App13Image#
X=#Column1X#
Y=(#Row5Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column1X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row5Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App14]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App14Path#"]
ImageName=#App14Image#
X=#Column2X#
Y=(#Row5Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column2X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row5Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[App15]
Meter=Image
LeftMouseUpAction=["#App15Path#"]
ImageName=#App15Image#
X=#Column3X#
Y=(#Row5Y#+#Y#)
W=#AppSize#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SelectedApp Text "#AppName#"][!SetOption Outline MyModifiers "Stroke Color #AppColor#"][!SetOption Outline X "#*Column3X*#"][!SetOption Outline Y "(#*Row5Y*#+#*Y*#)"][!UpdateMeter Outline][!Redraw]
Group=Apps
DynamicVariables=1

[LoadOutline]
;@include=#@#Includes\NookPhone\outline-#ToggleOutline#.inc