It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:06 am

Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rafamear

Re: Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:10 am The appropriate option is well written when I click the button (image). That's another problem that what is written won't work (at least not on all cases), because the quotes are not written, but the options are definitely written.
To fix the missing quotes question, replace the last !WriteKeyValue bang of the LeftMouseUpAction options of [MeterImage] - [MeterImage12] meters (for instance the [!WriteKeyValue GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "[#App12#]"] bang of [MeterImage12] meter) this way: [!WriteKeyValue GameStart LeftMouseUpAction """["#App12#"]"""]. With the original !WriteKeyValue bang you get written this: LeftMouseUpAction=[#App12#], with the new one this: LeftMouseUpAction=["#App12#"].
Great, now it's rewriting, there's only one problem missing from it, it's rewriting but not updating the skin so even if I click on another meter image and rewrite, it still doesn't update the skin to actually rewrite
I tried using !SetOption but it didn't seem to work

Code: Select all

[!SetOption GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "["#App1#"]"]
(I also tried to remove the two additional quotes that were in Rewrite and leave only one as above, but it didn't work)
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:11 pm Great, now it's rewriting, there's only one problem missing from it, it's rewriting but not updating the skin so even if I click on another meter image and rewrite, it still doesn't update the skin to actually rewrite
I tried using !SetOption but it didn't seem to work

[!SetOption GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "["#App1#"]"]
(I also tried to remove the two additional quotes that were in Rewrite and leave only one as above, but it didn't work)
Try using magic quotes: [!SetOption GameStart LeftMouseUpAction """["#App1#"]"""], same way as on the !WriteKeyValue bang.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 30th, 2021, 5:28 pm Try using magic quotes: [!SetOption GameStart LeftMouseUpAction """["#App1#"]"""], same way as on the !WriteKeyValue bang.
Perfect, now everything is working but there's still something that bothers me A little bit, I made the skin so that when the mouse is out of metershape it disables the skin, is there any way to delay the time when it does this? like after 1 or 2 seconds the skin will be turned off

MouseLeaveAction=[!DeactivateConfig "SystemVisualizer\Game Hub\Hub" "Hub2.ini"]
Last edited by Rafamear on November 30th, 2021, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 30th, 2021, 6:13 pm A little bit, I made the skin so that when the mouse is out of metershape it disables the skin, is there any way to delay the time when it does this? like after 1 or 2 seconds the skin will be turned off
I suppose by "disables the skin" you mean deactivates or unloads it, right?
If you do, that's easy: you have to add a [!Delay "1000"] bang, in front of the !DeactivateConfig bang, which deactivates the skin. I suppose zou!re talking about the MouseLeaveAction option of the [PlaceHolder] meter (MouseLeaveAction=[!DeactivateConfig "SystemVisualizer\Game Hub\Hub" "Hub2.ini"]). Add the !Delay bang this way: MouseLeaveAction=[!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig "SystemVisualizer\Game Hub\Hub"]. In this !Delay bang, the parameter (here 1000) is the delay in milliseconds of all bangs which are following the !Delay bang.
Note here a small detail: the !DeactivateConfig bang, unlike !ActivateConfig needs one single parameter, the name of the config which has to be deactivated. !ActivateConfig may have a second parameter, the name of the skin itself which has to be activated, because there might be more skins in the config, but since when you're applying the !DeactivateConfig bang one single skin of the config can be loaded (there is no way to activate more then one skin of a config in the same time), this bang doesn't require the name of the skin. That's why if you look carefully, you can see that I removed the name of thr skin from the above !DeactivateConfig. Yep, I know the bang is working even with two parameters, but this only because in such cases the unneeded parameters are simply ignored. Technically speaking, !DeactivateConfig doesn't need the name of skin.
In fact in this case since you want to deactivate the same skin in which you have the bang, it works even with no parameter. Something like this: MouseLeaveAction=[!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig].
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:58 pm I suppose by "disables the skin" you mean deactivates or unloads it, right?
If you do, that's easy: you have to add a [!Delay "1000"] bang, in front of the !DeactivateConfig bang, which deactivates the skin. I suppose zou!re talking about the MouseLeaveAction option of the [PlaceHolder] meter (MouseLeaveAction=[!DeactivateConfig "SystemVisualizer\Game Hub\Hub" "Hub2.ini"]). Add the !Delay bang this way: MouseLeaveAction=[!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig "SystemVisualizer\Game Hub\Hub"]. In this !Delay bang, the parameter (here 1000) is the delay in milliseconds of all bangs which are following the !Delay bang.
Note here a small detail: the !DeactivateConfig bang, unlike !ActivateConfig needs one single parameter, the name of the config which has to be deactivated. !ActivateConfig may have a second parameter, the name of the skin itself which has to be activated, because there might be more skins in the config, but since when you're applying the !DeactivateConfig bang one single skin of the config can be loaded (there is no way to activate more then one skin of a config in the same time), this bang doesn't require the name of the skin. That's why if you look carefully, you can see that I removed the name of thr skin from the above !DeactivateConfig. Yep, I know the bang is working even with two parameters, but this only because in such cases the unneeded parameters are simply ignored. Technically speaking, !DeactivateConfig doesn't need the name of skin.
In fact in this case since you want to deactivate the same skin in which you have the bang, it works even with no parameter. Something like this: MouseLeaveAction=[!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig].
Thank you very much!! Without you I would not have been able to get to where I am now, I think this was my first skin made from scratch, I hope there will be many after this one :rosegift:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 30th, 2021, 8:11 pm Thank you very much!! Without you I would not have been able to get to where I am now, I think this was my first skin made from scratch, I hope there will be many after this one :rosegift:
Hope there will be indeed. Glad to help.