It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:38 am

Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rafamear

Re: Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:08 pm Yep, post the code of it please, because I definitely can't follow you.
Sure!
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:53 pmSure!
Here it is, I was working on putting other skins on it like clock, notes etc. but what I'm working on at the moment is the 'Game Hub' inside the folder, try using the 'GameHub.ini' it's what makes the skin work, to If you know what I was talking about, try clicking on the box and another skin will appear, where there is 'None' at the bottom and a sub-text, try clicking on the steam icon, it will change these texts and make a shape with a Start!! That's where I'm stuck

As you will see, it will show the small shape and the 'Start!!' But the small texts on its side will not appear modified, I need to reset the skin so that they appear modified, try this

SystemVisualizer.rar
(Oh, and sorry for the english, i'm using google translator)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:06 pm As you will see, it will show the small shape and the 'Start!!' But the small texts on its side will not appear modified, I need to reset the skin so that they appear modified, try this
Not to reset, but to refresh.
Yes, because you write the new Text option with the !WriteKeyValue bang ([!WriteKeyValue GameTextInfo Text "Steam"]), but you don't refresh the skin itself (you're trying to refresh two other skins, through the GameTextInfo and GameSubTextInfo variables, but these variable don't even have a value and this leads to errors in log). There is one more, much better solution then refreshing the skin: besides writing the new value of the option, you should set it with a !SetOption bang as well, which retains the newly written value into the option itself AND applies it immediately, without having to refresh the skin.
Here is what I mean: replace the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterImage] meter with the following one: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter "GameStart"][!ShowMeter "GameStartText"][!WriteKeyValue GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!SetOption GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!WriteKeyValue GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!SetOption GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!Redraw]. Note that beside adding the new !SetOption bangs, I also removed the !Refresh bangs, especially that those didn't even work, as the GameTextInfo and GameSubTextInfo variables were not defined (as said, had no values).
There are a lot of errors in the log. The skin should have to be carefully revised in order to remove the errors and fix all mistakes. If needed tomorrow I'm gonna take a look to see how can it be improved.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:35 pm Not to reset, but to refresh.
Yes, because you write the new Text option with the !WriteKeyValue bang ([!WriteKeyValue GameTextInfo Text "Steam"]), but you don't refresh the skin itself (you're trying to refresh two other skins, through the GameTextInfo and GameSubTextInfo variables, but these variable don't even have a value and this leads to errors in log). There is one more, much better solution then refreshing the skin: besides writing the new value of the option, you should set it with a !SetOption bang as well, which retains the newly written value into the option itself AND applies it immediately, without having to refresh the skin.
Here is what I mean: replace the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterImage] meter with the following one: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter "GameStart"][!ShowMeter "GameStartText"][!WriteKeyValue GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!SetOption GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!WriteKeyValue GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!SetOption GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!Redraw]. Note that beside adding the new !SetOption bangs, I also removed the !Refresh bangs, especially that those didn't even work, as the GameTextInfo and GameSubTextInfo variables were not defined (as said, had no values).
There are a lot of errors in the log. The skin should have to be carefully revised in order to remove the errors and fix all mistakes. If needed tomorrow I'm gonna take a look to see how can it be improved.

"The skin should have to be carefully revised in order to remove the errors and fix all mistakes"

Yes, I was going to do just that, I just wanted to make sure that everything I wanted to do was up and running, then I would review the errors.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:54 pm then I would review the errors.
Alright, wish you luck. Feel free to come back, if there is any question.

Note: you can quote an existing post by clicking the Reply with quote button in the upper right corner of that post:
Quote.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:03 pm Alright, wish you luck. Feel free to come back, if there is any question.

Note: you can quote an existing post by clicking the Reply with quote button in the upper right corner of that post:
Quote.png
Well I already did that, but I have a problem with LeftMouseUpAction

Code: Select all

[!WriteKeyValue GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "#App1#"]
He is not writing to "#app1#" in LeftMouseUpAction
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:47 pm Well I already did that, but I have a problem with LeftMouseUpAction

[!WriteKeyValue GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "#App1#"]
He is not writing to "#app1#" in LeftMouseUpAction
What does it write?
Because it definitely should do it using the above !WriteKeyValue bang, however something has to be taken into account. How is set the value of the App1 variable? If it is set dynamically, with a !SetVariable bang, you have to add a DynamicVariables=1 option to the meter which contains the LeftMouseUpAction option, with the above bang.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 29th, 2021, 6:17 pm What does it write?
Because it definitely should do it using the above !WriteKeyValue bang, however something has to be taken into account. How is set the value of the App1 variable? If it is set dynamically, with a !SetVariable bang, you have to add a DynamicVariables=1 option to the meter which contains the LeftMouseUpAction option, with the above bang.
Well, I'm going to show you everything that's being used to do the rewrite action

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\SteamImageWhite1.png
X=28
Y=20
W=100
H=100
ImageAlpha=255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter "GameStart"][!ShowMeter "GameStartText"][!WriteKeyValue GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!SetOption GameTextInfo Text "Steam"][!WriteKeyValue GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!SetOption GameSubTextInfo Text "This is where all your games are, right?"][!WriteKeyValue GameStart LeftMouseUpAction "#App1#"][!Redraw]
here is what rewrites

[GameStart]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 3,3,100,30,4 | Fill Color 66,72,84,1 | StrokeWidth 4 | Stroke Color 76,82,94
Hidden=1
Y=260
X=596
LeftMouseUpAction=...
and here the meter he rewrites

Well, I click on the image and when I go to see if he rewrote the meter shape "LeftMouseUpAction=...", he just doesn't rewrite it doesn't change anything, I've tried to put a text to rewrite in the same place and it rewrote perfectly, but when I put "#app1#" it doesn't rewrite it there
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 29th, 2021, 6:40 pm Well, I click on the image and when I go to see if he rewrote the meter shape "LeftMouseUpAction=...", he just doesn't rewrite it doesn't change anything, I've tried to put a text to rewrite in the same place and it rewrote perfectly, but when I put "#app1#" it doesn't rewrite it there
How is set the value of the App1 variable? What is its value? If you are not entirely sure, add the following String meter to the end of the skin file:

[MeterApp1]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=#App1#
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetClip "#App1#"]
When you add this meter, you'll see the value of the variable into a black box in the upper left corner of your skin. If you see it, click it and you'll get it copied to clipboard. Paste it here, to can see it. I'm just curious what is its value.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 29th, 2021, 7:36 pm How is set the value of the App1 variable? What is its value? If you are not entirely sure, add the following String meter to the end of the skin file:

[MeterApp1]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=#App1#
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetClip "#App1#"]
When you add this meter, you'll see the value of the variable into a black box in the upper left corner of your skin. If you see it, click it and you'll get it copied to clipboard. Paste it here, to can see it. I'm just curious what is its value.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"

Let me explain what I'm trying to do, every image of a game when clicked will rewrite the meter that is responsible for opening the game, "#app1#" is just one of them, there are 12 of them and each image would replace them as your number, so in #app1# for example, we have Lol in #app2# we have steam and so on, I didn't want to make several shape meters for each one to open the game, just modify a single shape so that it opens more than 1 game when selected. Now you understand?