It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:35 am

Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rafamear

Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Post by Rafamear »

I was making my skin when I went to use 2 MetersShapes, a background and small rectangles for the description, when I went to put a text, it is between the background shape and the small rectangles like this:
https://prnt.sc/20xfghu

And I haven't found a way to put text on a shape or make the text stay on top of the 2 shapes, any help is very much appreciated.
:?
Last edited by Rafamear on November 26th, 2021, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help: Text behind 2 shape meters

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:12 pm I was making my skin when I went to use 2 MetersShapes, a background and small rectangles for the description, when I went to put a text, it is between the background shape and the small rectangles like this:
https://prnt.sc/20xfghu

And I haven't found a way to put text on a shape or make the text stay on top of the 2 shapes, any help is very much appreciated.
:?
Place the String meter after the Shape meter in the code of your skin:

Code: Select all

[ShapeMeter]
Meter=Shape

[StringMeter]
Meter=String
I suppose the order of those meters is exactly opposite. If it indeed is, move them as described.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:37 pm Place the String meter after the Shape meter in the code of your skin:

Code: Select all

[ShapeMeter]
Meter=Shape

[StringMeter]
Meter=String
I suppose the order of those meters is exactly opposite. If it indeed is, move them as described.
Just like you said, I thought that way he would let him up.

I'll take this one for life!! :lol:
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:18 pm Just like you said, I thought that way he would let him up.

I'll take this one for life!! :lol:
:thumbup:
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 27th, 2021, 12:55 pm:thumbup:
(in the same skin)

How do I make it so that when a skin is activated, I can specify a certain meter to deactivate it at the beginning of the skin? Like when I start the skin and I don't want it to show the text, but only when I click and a square
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:58 pm How do I make it so that when a skin is activated, I can specify a certain meter to deactivate it at the beginning of the skin? Like when I start the skin and I don't want it to show the text, but only when I click and a square
Add a Hidden=1 option to the meter. This hides the meter. To show it, add a LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter "Name-Of-Meter"][!Redraw] option to the square (to the appropriate meter).
Another solution: if for any reason you don't want to add the Hidden=1 option, add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section of your skin: OnRefreshAction=[!HideMeter "Name-Of-Meter"][!Redraw]. This hides the meter, when the skin is refreshed / activated, even if the meter itself doesn't host the Hidden=1 option.
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:02 pm Add a Hidden=1 option to the meter. This hides the meter. To show it, add a LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter "Name-Of-Meter"][!Redraw] option to the square (to the appropriate meter).
Another solution: if for any reason you don't want to add the Hidden=1 option, add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section of your skin: OnRefreshAction=[!HideMeter "Name-Of-Meter"][!Redraw]. This hides the meter, when the skin is refreshed / activated, even if the meter itself doesn't host the Hidden=1 option.
Do you have a way to refresh a specific meter? When I refresh the skin the text that is in 'Hidden=1' goes back to hide
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:45 pm Do you have a way to refresh a specific meter?
There is no way to refresh a meter. Skins can be refreshed, meters can't.
Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:45 pm When I refresh the skin the text that is in 'Hidden=1' goes back to hide
This was the essence. Not this was what you asked for? Did I mistake?
Rafamear

Post by Rafamear »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:00 pm There is no way to refresh a meter. Skins can be refreshed, meters can't.

This was the essence. Not this was what you asked for? Did I mistake?
Yes it was, but the cube I click on rewrites 2 strings and makes a shape and a text appear, both the shape and the text appear, but the skin was not updated so that the rewritten text appears, and if I make the skin update , shape and text disappear again because of 'Hidden=1'

I wanted to make some way for the 2 to appear.

If you need the skin, just ask and take a look.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:05 pm If you need the skin, just ask and take a look.
Yep, post the code of it please, because I definitely can't follow you.