It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:26 pm

time is incorrect across all clocks and skins.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
bendy303

time is incorrect across all clocks and skins.

Post by bendy303 »

Hi,

as per my title, the time is incorrect across all skins and clocks, it is an hour forward. I tried several different skins and they all show the same, so it must be the base rainmeter app.

The time on my PC is corrrect.

how do I fix this?

cheers

Ben
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: time is incorrect across all clocks and skins.

Post by balala »

bendy303 wrote: November 24th, 2021, 2:04 am as per my title, the time is incorrect across all skins and clocks, it is an hour forward. I tried several different skins and they all show the same, so it must be the base rainmeter app.

The time on my PC is corrrect.
It is extremely weird to have incorrect time on each skin, but please for first try out the following skin. It should show the correct time. Please let us (me) know if it does.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#H:%M:%S

[MeterTime]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTime
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
bendy303

Post by bendy303 »

Hi,

yes indeed is is the correct time.

So that means both these skins give incorrect times:

https://visualskins.com/skin/yard-world-clock

https://visualskins.com/skin/world-cities

What should I edit in their ini files to correct them?

cheers

Ben
bendy303

Post by bendy303 »

I just tested another world clock, and its also incorrect:

https://visualskins.com/skin/clean-world-clock

an hour ahead.
bendy303

Post by bendy303 »

I have checked my windows 10 settings, they are correct:

Date & Time
Set time automatically = on
Set time zone automatically = on
Syncronize your clock = on
time server = time.windows.com
Time Zone = UTC+10.00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Adjust for daylight time saving automatically = on

the code you gave me works accurately for my local time. But international clocks in Rainmeter are an hour forward.
bendy303

Post by bendy303 »

I just used the Windows 10 feature to "add clocks for different time zones" and I added UTC +1 for Berlin, and it is indeed correct.

However the 3 international clocks for rainmeter listed above have this incorrect.

Are they all faulty?
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

bendy303 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 4:33 am I just used the Windows 10 feature to "add clocks for different time zones" and I added UTC +1 for Berlin, and it is indeed correct.

However the 3 international clocks for rainmeter listed above have this incorrect.

Are they all faulty?
Not faulty per se. I downloaded the first of the skins from one of your posts above: https://visualskins.com/skin/yard-world-clock and choose Clock_0.
Without changes it shows me the time for the location set in the skin. If i want the design of this skin for my specific location it is 1 hour behind my local time.
I looked at the skin itself and found the Variables section where it is well commented what to do to get the correct time:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; ------------------------------- SET THE TIME ZONE ---
;   The number in SetTimeZone is the separation to GMT/UTC in hours. 
;   In example: 
;   0    = GMT/UTC (London)
;   +1   = Cetral European Time (Berlin, Paris...)
;   +5.5 = Indian Standard Time (NewDelhi, Mumbai)
;   -5   = Eastern Standard Time (NewYork)
; 	And so on.. 
SetTimeZone=0
After setting the variable SetTimeZone to 1 (for my location Vienna, Austria) i get the correct time (and after setting the name of the location in the variable SetCityNames i get the correct name for my location too).

So i strongly recommend to have a look at the source of the skin, look at some variable to set the time-zone which describes the separation from GMT/UTC. After setting that to the correct value for your specific location the skin will show the correct time.

and, don't forget Daylight-Saving-time when setting the time-zone as the separation to GMT/UTC.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bendy303 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 4:17 am yes indeed is is the correct time.
I suppose you are talking about my code, posted above, right?
bendy303 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 4:17 am So that means both these skins give incorrect times:

https://visualskins.com/skin/yard-world-clock

https://visualskins.com/skin/world-cities

What should I edit in their ini files to correct them?
bendy303 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 4:25 am I just tested another world clock, and its also incorrect:

https://visualskins.com/skin/clean-world-clock

an hour ahead.
All these skins are showing time for different locations around the world. Not sure what you mean by "skins give incorrect times", because none of those skins is showing the real time of your location, unless you're into on of the locations shown by one of the skins. But if your location is Australia, none of these skins is set for your time zone. That1s why you can't see the correct time on neither of them. But at least one or more cities are shown on each skin. For instance the Skins\Yard_World_Clock\Clock_0\Clock.ini skin shows the time of Reykjavik, London, Lisbon and Casablanca, while the Skins\Yard_World_Clock\Clock_7\Clock.ini skin shows the time of Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The skins of the world Cities package show one single city / location per skin, but the name of that city is shown in the skin. Same applies for the Clean World Clock skin, which shows four cities: Chicago, Paris, Mumbai and Singapore.
If you want to get the correct time for your location, you probably will have to edit one of the skins, to get it showing the time of your city. If this is what you want, please let me know which skin would you like to use, to tell you how to modify it.
bendy303

Post by bendy303 »

this is kind of a stupid answer, no offence.

OBVIOUSLY IF I HAVE INTERNATIONAL CLOCKS IT'S BECAUSE I WORK ACROSS MULTIPLE TIME ZONES.

If I want to organise a meeting with a client in Berlin while I am in Sydney, I want Rainmeter to at least be accurate with the Berlin time.

To note - there is also nothing wrong with my system time - its a FRESH INSTALL of Windows 10. There is a also a native Windows 10 function for adding an extra city clock for international people, and windows get this 100% correct.

Rainmeters problem is daylight saving. Rainmeter only seems to calculate international times by adding or subtracting the timezone offset and does not take into account daylight saving.

So in this regard, Rainmeter is useless for international multi-time clocks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bendy303 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 11:58 pm this is kind of a stupid answer, no offence.
No offence, sorry for my stupid answer.