It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:38 am

Skins that change size leave a glitchy, pixelated "afterimage"

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
etl

Skins that change size leave a glitchy, pixelated "afterimage"

Post by etl »

Here are two skins I have on my desktop, HexIcon and Circle Icon Launcher. they both expand to a larger secondary state on mouseover (HexIcon gets outlined in yellow, and CircleIcon expands to a larger circle filled with icons).
1.png
After moving the mouse away, they both minimize, but leave behind this glitchy outline that you can see here. This persists across RM refreshes, and only goes away if I unload and reload the skin. Any idea how to fix this?
2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Active Colors

Re: Skins that change size leave a glitchy, pixelated "afterimage"

Post by Active Colors »

Could be an issue with a) outdated graphic drivers or b) your drivers a not adopted to Windows 11 (I assume you use it basing on your screenshot) or c) specific settings in your video drivers manage panel.

1. Try to turn on/off the Hardware Acceleration. It is in the Manage window which you can access through the Rainmeter's tray icon.
2. Update your graphics/video drivers or chipsets to the latest.
3. Are you run Windows 11? It is not stable and could cause troubles on your hardware. If you had Windows 10 and it worked well on Windows 11, then Win11 could be the culprit itself, e.g. Windows 11 could not be friendly with your hardware. Do you have Intel Iris Xe by any chance? Yet again, try updating your drivers.
4. Check this post and see if it applies to you. Check the NVidia settings panel as described there.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins that change size leave a glitchy, pixelated "afterimage"

Post by balala »

etl wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:15 pm After moving the mouse away, they both minimize, but leave behind this glitchy outline that you can see here. This persists across RM refreshes, and only goes away if I unload and reload the skin. Any idea how to fix this?
Active Colors wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:26 pm 1. Try to turn on/off the Hardware Acceleration. It is in the Manage window which you can access through the Rainmeter's tray icon.
Can't replicate the issue, so am not sure, however I tend to say hardware acceleration should be turned off (I think it is on).