It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:06 pm

Sliding Sidebar

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Alloutofmercy

Re: Sliding Sidebar

Post by Alloutofmercy »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:05 pm Without using a container, you can show/hide groups of skins by use a skin group to identify every skin you want to be part of the sidebar.

Decide on a name for the group, let's name it 'PirateSidebar'. You add a skin to this group by adding Group=PirateSidebar to the [Rainmeter] section of each skin.

To control them use skin group bangs in another skin; !ToggleGroup PirateSidebar.

This will show/hide/toggle every skin in that group. It is not an animated slide bar, but it is how Enigma does it.

Using a container is going to be more difficult since you are working with individual skins, not meters in a single skin. It could probably be done...
You mean like this?

Code: Select all

[Meterimage]
Meter=Image
Imagename=#@#\Images\ship-wheel.png
X=100
Y=100
LeftMouseUpAction=!ShowGroup Pirategroup
BOOTY
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Alloutofmercy wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:43 pm You mean like this?

[Meterimage]
Meter=Image
Imagename=#@#\Images\ship-wheel.png
X=100
Y=100
LeftMouseUpAction=!ShowGroup Pirategroup
Yes, if you named the group 'Pirategroup' instead of 'PirateSidebar' as suggested in my explanation.
In the [Rainmeter] section of each skin in that group, you should have added Group=PirateGroup.

With the mouse bang, you can show those skins, of course if they are already showing, nothing will change.
If they are already activated, then try LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleGroup PirateGroup] to hide/show them.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:55 pm In the [Rainmeter] section of each skin in that group, you should have added Group=PirateGroup.
Obviously this is the most common approach and probably the most useful as well, however skin groups can be defined with the same Group=PirateGroup (or whatever name) option on the [ConfigName] sections of Rainmeter.ini, as well.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:55 pm Yes, if you named the group 'Pirategroup' instead of 'PirateSidebar' as suggested in my explanation.
In the [Rainmeter] section of each skin in that group, you should have added Group=PirateGroup.

With the mouse bang, you can show those skins, of course if they are already showing, nothing will change.
If they are already activated, then try LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleGroup PirateGroup] to hide/show them.
Found a similar old thread about sidebars. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27717
This is working but broke my skin. I had to replace all x values with

X=(0=Offset)
and turn on dynamic variables. The allignment is pretty messed up. What update or redraw function shoud I use if I want the skin to move fast and not lag?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BOOTY