It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:32 pm

A couple questions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
catb0x

A couple questions

Post by catb0x »

Hi! I have two questions and i hope yall help me. First, how can i get a widget to be at the middle of my screen? coordinates? Second, is there any way to get rounded corners with rainmeter? thank you for listening
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: A couple questions

Post by balala »

Welcome aboard.
catb0x wrote: November 20th, 2021, 5:52 pm how can i get a widget to be at the middle of my screen? coordinates?
First: in Rainmeter those are not widgets, but skins.
Secondly: depends on how would you like to realize this. If you want to set it "manually", you have to edit the settings of skins, in the Rainmeter.ini file (which stores the setting of the skins). To access it right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Edit settings. The settings opens in the default text editor. You have to find the section of your skin which you want to position. The skins are identified by their config name. The section of your skin is called same as the config of your skin. Based on the description provided by the previous link, hope you'll find the section of your skin. If you can't please post the exact and complete path of the .ini file of your skin, which opens when you right click the skin, then click Edit skin.
If you identified the section of your skin, modify the WindowX and WindowY options under the identified section name and add the AnchorX and AnchorY options to the same section, as it follows:

Code: Select all

[YourConfig]
WindowX=50%
WindowY=50%
AnchorX=50%
AnchorY=50%
Don't alter the other options available there.
If you do this, save the settings, close the file and refresh the skin, by right clicking it and clicking Refresh skin.
The above solution moves the skin as expected, however if anytime later you move it manually (by dragging it), the skin will never go back to the center. In order to get it back there anytime without having to edit the settings as above, open the code of your skin into a text editor (by right clicking it and clicking Edit skin) and add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "50%" "50%" "50%" "50%"]
Once again be carefully not to alter the other options. When added the above option save the file and refresh the skin (as described above).
catb0x wrote: November 20th, 2021, 5:52 pm Second, is there any way to get rounded corners with rainmeter?
Yes, usually there is, but you have to edit the code of your skin. How you do this depends on many things, so first let's see how can you align the skin. Have you succeeded? If you have, please post either the code of your skin, or a link where we can get the skin you're working with, to can advice you easier.
CyberTheWorm

Re: A couple questions

Post by CyberTheWorm »

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/shape/#Rectangle
You can do rectangles with rounded corners
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page