It is currently December 9th, 2021, 3:43 am

FileView Plugin Index Wrap Around Shouldn't be happening

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

FileView Plugin Index Wrap Around Shouldn't be happening

Post by CodeCode »

Hello. Banging my head again.

Setting Count option in FileView Parent dynamically. This is working good.
However Sub directories and folders are now limited to the dynamic Count Option Value.
So I have been trying a couple things with mixed results.

The main problem following those attempts is the indexes are wrapping regardless of changing the Count to a higher value on the fly MouseDoubleClick
Thing 1) Resetting the Count Option in the FIleView Parent. This works good to allow a full list of files or folders, but the wrap around is still happening. This version prevents indexing issues but things break. Like hidden text becomes visible at the wrong time.

Thing 2) Using SetOptionGroup to unhide indexes. This is done with an IfNotMatchAction that recognises when the current folder is not the THIS PC directory. Then remove index limitations. This attempt breaks everything when navigating to a drive folder. Or with some random experiments mixed results.
I was looking at the manual and found this:
IgnoreCount Default: 0
If set to 1, the Index will represent the actual index of the file or folder in the list. This is useful to display a particular file or folder at all times (like the .. folder).
I dont really know if this option is viable for the use I want it to be. That is to say it would be usable somehow to fill my subfolders with a full list that doesnt wrap around.

I can post the rmskin, but I admit, it is a Frankenstein. To test it, load the skin then right click and select the number of root drives or usb drives - the maximum is 9 at this time. The minimum is one drive. For example the 1 drive option only allows navigating through the directories one index at a time rather than the 7 visible at any time during use.

I am stuck, but I will keep pluggin on.
Titan Drives_2.1.3.rmskin
Thanks for any help. :great:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
CodeCode

Re: FileView Plugin Index Wrap Around Shouldn't be happening

Post by CodeCode »

Hello, I am still struggling with this, and options are getting clearer.

One possible idea requires a test for a [Measure] to be true or false so it might look like this: IfCondition=([MeasureCalc] = True)

What I am not getting is the test for true or false simply 1 or 0, respectively?

During my fumbling about I have been learning more and more about in line if then else formulas, how they need to look and what logic can fall through predictably.

So will that IfCondition=([MeasureCalc] = True) look like numbers or words? That is to say true is exactly tested as a number 1, and false is exactly 0?

Thanks for any help.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FileView Plugin Index Wrap Around Shouldn't be happening

Post by death.crafter »

The reason I advise to start again from scratch is that you don't have to use workarounds but get better results with better ways.

For example, if you look at this one, https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=38751#p199360, you'd see that it is doing what you're trying to do dynamically.

I am not saying that you should do what I am doing, but you should just take a look at the count system. You can then decide what to hide and what to not.

Basically, I use two measures Type=FileCount and Type=FolderCount, and use them to hide my meters. You can do the same. Btw, the key factor in my skin is [!UpdateMeasure *][!UpdateMeter *][!Update]

This is so because I want everything to happen instantly after I take some action.
from the Realm of Death