It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:38 am

rainmeter visualizer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
tij_vg

rainmeter visualizer

Post by tij_vg »

So i have a problem with my monstercat visualizer. When i start my pc/laptop up the skin loads but it doesnt work, i then have to resfresh the skin and after ive done that the skin works. Does anyone have a solution to let it work when i turn my pc/laptop on?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: rainmeter visualizer

Post by death.crafter »

tij_vg wrote: November 15th, 2021, 6:45 pm So i have a problem with my monstercat visualizer. When i start my pc/laptop up the skin loads but it doesnt work, i then have to resfresh the skin and after ive done that the skin works. Does anyone have a solution to let it work when i turn my pc/laptop on?
Does any other visualizer show this behaviour? Cause if they don't, it becomes a very vague question. We can't really use and look for errors in a skin that complex. Wish I could say ask for author's support but he's no more supporting the visualizer.

So, try another visualizer, e.g. Lano by the same author, or [self promotion] ASimpleVisualizer.

If other visualizers show the same behaviour then tell us here.
from the Realm of Death
CnsoredJaden

Post by CnsoredJaden »

Hello!, :welcome: I'm new in this Forum and i wanted to ask how do i fix my visualizer? :???: I've been having issues with my Rainmeter Visualizers Lately, And it really annoys me :-( I tried all the things i Did just to fix this problem and i still couldn't figure it out :-( Ive searched so many Forums about this and still having the same problem :( But ive found one thing to fix it is to Delete my speaker driver then restart and my visualizer will work. but it will only work at once and after that my visualizer is broken again and it says "failed to initialize audio client" in my Rainmeter Log. I use Monstercat Visualizer and i only have one audio device and its in default so yea :) idk what to do so pls tell me how to fix this :-( i really want my visualizer to be fixed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

CnsoredJaden wrote: March 18th, 2022, 1:46 am Hello!, :welcome: I'm new in this Forum and i wanted to ask how do i fix my visualizer? :???: I've been having issues with my Rainmeter Visualizers Lately, And it really annoys me :-( I tried all the things i Did just to fix this problem and i still couldn't figure it out :-( Ive searched so many Forums about this and still having the same problem :( But ive found one thing to fix it is to Delete my speaker driver then restart and my visualizer will work. but it will only work at once and after that my visualizer is broken again and it says "failed to initialize audio client" in my Rainmeter Log. I use Monstercat Visualizer and i only have one audio device and its in default so yea :) idk what to do so pls tell me how to fix this :-( i really want my visualizer to be fixed.
Look at this troubleshooting audiolevel help (especially #4).
CnsoredJaden

Post by CnsoredJaden »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 18th, 2022, 2:44 am Look at this troubleshooting audiolevel help (especially #4).
So in #4 i dont get it. so should i like disable the exclusive control in my default sound device? :? If so i alr turn it off too nothing happens ig.
And the Audio Device skin i downloaded it. The skin i downloaded isnt detetcting sounds too.
And also what do i do with the Audio Device Information.rmskin? :?.
And also i checked my settings of my monstercat visualizer there no audio device that is displayed in the current device even doe i changed it :? .
Anyways Thanks for the Reply!, Have a Good Day! :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CnsoredJaden wrote: March 18th, 2022, 9:34 am So in #4 i dont get it. so should i like disable the exclusive control in my default sound device? :? If so i alr turn it off too nothing happens ig.
And the Audio Device skin i downloaded it. The skin i downloaded isnt detetcting sounds too.
And also i checked my settings of my monstercat visualizer there no audio device that is displayed in the current device even doe i changed it :? .
What is your operating system? What is the name of your audio device? What is the name of the driver that you installed, and a link to it?

The guide eclectic-tech mentioned is pretty clear - forget about MonsterCat for a moment, the idea is to make all visualisers work, not just that one:
- unload all skins in Rainmeter and uninstall it (you can leave the skins on disk)
- first, you should properly delete your driver and everything related to it, restart your computer, and install it back properly (one thing I always do is be careful to check only the said driver for installation, and not other crap software bundled in the installation package - just don't blindly press Next when installing)
- you need to check Task Manager / Startup Tab, look for a program that the driver installed (but make sure it isn't some service of the said driver that is critical to its functioning), right click on it and choose Disable
- go to Settings / System / Sound / Sound Control Panel at top right / choose your main Playback device like Speaker / Properties / Advanced Tab / uncheck Allow Applications To Take Exclusive Control Of This Device (some other unchecking there could help, but this is the main culprit usually)
- restart your computer, even 2 restarts wouldn't hurt
- make sure you have sounds in Windows and everything is working properly, you can play some music in Winamp or such to be sure of that
- reinstall Rainmeter, download and load the skin here, make a screenshot or copy the info in that skin to post it here, and also post the relevant Log part, like explained in the guide here's Before Asking For Help section
- now you can try downloading and loading one of the simple skins at the bottom of this page and see if they work; if they don't, post the relavant Rainmeter log content here and see if going to Settings / System / Sound / Advanced Sound Options / App Volume And Device Preferences to choose another ouput / input helps; if they do, then so will MonsterCat visualizer

NOTE: Obviously, before you change anything, you should keep in mind what the previous setting was, so you can revert to it if you need to.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CnsoredJaden

Post by CnsoredJaden »

Yincognito wrote: March 18th, 2022, 12:46 pm What is your operating system? What is the name of your audio device? What is the name of the driver that you installed, and a link to it?

The guide eclectic-tech mentioned is pretty clear - forget about MonsterCat for a moment, the idea is to make all visualisers work, not just that one:
- unload all skins in Rainmeter and uninstall it (you can leave the skins on disk)
- first, you should properly delete your driver and everything related to it, restart your computer, and install it back properly (one thing I always do is be careful to check only the said driver for installation, and not other crap software bundled in the installation package - just don't blindly press Next when installing)
- you need to check Task Manager / Startup Tab, look for a program that the driver installed (but make sure it isn't some service of the said driver that is critical to its functioning), right click on it and choose Disable
- go to Settings / System / Sound / Sound Control Panel at top right / choose your main Playback device like Speaker / Properties / Advanced Tab / uncheck Allow Applications To Take Exclusive Control Of This Device (some other unchecking there could help, but this is the main culprit usually)
- restart your computer, even 2 restarts wouldn't hurt
- make sure you have sounds in Windows and everything is working properly, you can play some music in Winamp or such to be sure of that
- reinstall Rainmeter, download and load the skin here, make a screenshot or copy the info in that skin to post it here, and also post the relevant Log part, like explained in the guide here's Before Asking For Help section
- now you can try downloading and loading one of the simple skins at the bottom of this page and see if they work; if they don't, post the relavant Rainmeter log content here and see if going to Settings / System / Sound / Advanced Sound Options / App Volume And Device Preferences to choose another ouput / input helps; if they do, then so will MonsterCat visualizer

NOTE: Obviously, before you change anything, you should keep in mind what the previous setting was, so you can revert to it if you need to.
It still doesn't work I did all the Instructions and problem hasnt been fixed yet...
I use: Windows Default Output Device: {bb6b99da-32d8-4558-babb-47ed797d6633} Speakers (Intel SST Audio Device (WDM))
I checked Rainmeter Log it still says Failed to initialize Audio Client.
My Song Information in Monstercat Visualizer works fine and detects song playing... just my problem is the up and down thingy :???:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

CnsoredJaden wrote: March 18th, 2022, 9:34 am So in #4 i dont get it. so should i like disable the exclusive control in my default sound device? :? If so i alr turn it off too nothing happens ig.
If you "don't get it" for number 4, then I may not be able to help you.
Yes, you should disable exclusive control in Windows sound settings and disable any "sound enhancement" program that runs when your computer starts (such as Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) Those programs may have an option to disable.

You do not need to "do" anything with the audio device skin, it simply shows your system info.

As Yincognito mentioned, it does not matter what visualizer you try, until you can remove all exclusive controls, disable sound controlling programs, and not receive the 'failed to initialize' error, no visualizer will work on your system. Sorry.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 19th, 2022, 3:47 am Yes, you should disable exclusive control in Windows sound settings and disable any "sound enhancement" program that runs when your computer starts
CaptureDevices.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
CnsoredJaden

Post by CnsoredJaden »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 19th, 2022, 3:47 am If you "don't get it" for number 4, then I may not be able to help you.
Yes, you should disable exclusive control in Windows sound settings and disable any "sound enhancement" program that runs when your computer starts (such as Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) Those programs may have an option to disable.

You do not need to "do" anything with the audio device skin, it simply shows your system info.

As Yincognito mentioned, it does not matter what visualizer you try, until you can remove all exclusive controls, disable sound controlling programs, and not receive the 'failed to initialize' error, no visualizer will work on your system. Sorry.
Ok Back!, I checked my Visualizer i didnt know its working now... It seems like the instruction that Yincognito i Followed seems that it fixed my problem :D . Anyways Thanks for the help Yincognito and electric-tech! :) . Incase its not working again ima go follow the instruction or maybe Post in Forum if i need any help... Anyways Thank You For The Help! :welcome: :D. But i wish its really fixed now. I hope it wont happened again. But again Thank You for the Help!