It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Launcher skin that displays contents of a target folder?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
etl

Re: Launcher skin that displays contents of a target folder?

Post by etl »

SilverAzide wrote: November 11th, 2021, 4:26 pm I don't mean to point anyone away from Rainmeter, but it sounds like you guys are looking for Stardock Fences. Specifically, the feature called Folder Portals.
You are correct, I am hoping to replicate the functionality of Fences. The reason is that Rainmeter is FOSS while Stardock is proprietary/paid, Rainmeter is nice and lightweight, plus I already have it installed. To be more specific, I'm actually trying to replicate the groups/folders/whatever-you-call-em from the Windows 10 start menu, now that I have Windows 11 and have been "upgraded" to a "new, better" start menu.

Fileview looks like it might be what I need, thanks! And if anyone knows of any skins that use Fileview to do something like this, please link it! Like I said, my coding's not great, and making a skin from scratch is a little intimidating lol
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I have something that might serve as a place to start. Most of the code is kind of a non starter but the actual fileview stuff might help - a little.
here
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

PowerShell

Code: Select all

&([scriptblock]::Create((Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/deathcrafter/RainRepo/main/RainFences.ps1").Content)) -name 'AGiftFromTheRealmOfDeath' -title 'The Gift' -rows 2 -columns 5
Btw, parameters are:

-name "<name of the skin>"
-title "<title shown in fence>"
-rows <number of rows>
-columns <number of columns>
-folder "<path to folder with shortcuts>"
-skinspath "<path to skins folder>" # for portable users
from the Realm of Death