It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:38 am

Strange symbols in my log

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
deflore08

Strange symbols in my log

Post by deflore08 »

Hello! Fooolks.. Something strange happens with my os. Sometimes (often enough to get mad) i see in RM's log next things:
image_2021-10-29_194126.png
Anybody knows what is these chinese symbols and how could it penetrate to RM? Code have no any specific symbol and works correctly, just sometimes i'm getting these errors in the log. It could be any random bang from my code, not only showed. :confused:

Windows 11 (had same problem for win10)
RM 4.5.4.3550
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image * Image * Image * Image
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Strange symbols in my log

Post by SilverAzide »

deflore08 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 4:44 pm Hello! Fooolks.. Something strange happens with my os. Sometimes (often enough to get mad) i see in RM's log next things:

Anybody knows what is these chinese symbols and how could it penetrate to RM? Code have no any specific symbol and works correctly, just sometimes i'm getting these errors in the log. It could be any random bang from my code, not only showed. :confused:

Windows 11 (had same problem for win10)
RM 4.5.4.3550
This has nothing to do with your OS or anything "penetrating to RM". There is an encoding problem with this skin. You might want to try using Notepad++ to convert the encoding to UTF-16 LE BOM (use the Encoding > Convert option). You can also convert it to ANSI and back (which will break the skin if it has Unicode in it) but it will let you find the bad characters in your code. The errors you see in the log are showing you where some of the encoding errors are located, but there could be more.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 29th, 2021, 5:10 pm This has nothing to do with your OS or anything "penetrating to RM". There is an encoding problem with this skin. You might want to try using Notepad++ to convert the encoding to UTF-16 LE BOM (use the Encoding > Convert option). You can also convert it to ANSI and back (which will break the skin if it has Unicode in it) but it will let you find the bad characters in your code. The errors you see in the log are showing you where some of the encoding errors are located, but there could be more.
Sir, thanks you Sir! Gonna change encoding then! :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Related to the encoding of files in Rainmeter, should read this.
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

Thanks folks, that helps! Encoded those files to utf16le and now it works good. Damn VScode!