It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:48 am

Two Questions: FileVIew & FolderInfo

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Active Colors

Re: Two Questions: FileVIew & FolderInfo

Post by Active Colors »

death.crafter wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:49 pm I think I owe you an apology, CodeCode. Sorry for my previous post where I told you to start from scratch again, without looking properly at your skin.

So to make up, here is a little something that you wanted a while back (maybe, I don't remember correctly :oops: ).

With this skin there is a plugin that you can use to get the label, free or total space, file system(NTFS, FAT32 etc) and drive type(fixed, removable etc).

Screenshot 2021-10-23 190001.png

TitanDrives_1.0.0.rmskin
This is an awesome work! Sorry for butting in, just wanted to give you heads up. For optical disc drive the skin does not show proper name, and instead, it tries to obtain a disc space while there is no disc inserted. Here is how it looks:
2.PNG
Windows Explorer shows this:
Capture.PNG
Also, note that Windows Explorer calls it "CD Drive (H:)" but the skin just shows it as "(H:)".

Just wanted to share these things and ask if you could fix them. This skin is simply awesome! Also, congrats on your first plugin! :bow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Active Colors wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 3:53 pm This is an awesome work! Sorry for butting in, just wanted to give you heads up. For optical disc drive the skin does not show proper name, and instead, it tries to obtain a disc space while there is no disc inserted. Here is how it looks:
2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Also, note that Windows Explorer calls it "CD Drive (H:)" but the skin just shows it as "(H:)".
Hmm, this is something to look into. Thanks for letting me know.
Active Colors wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 3:53 pm Just wanted to share these things and ask if you could fix them. This skin is simply awesome! Also, congrats on your first plugin! :bow:
It's not my first but thanks a lot :D

I won't hijack this thread, so I will just make a new one in Plugins section after I look into this thing.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 3:53 pm For optical disc drive the skin does not show proper name, and instead, it tries to obtain a disc space while there is no disc inserted. Here is how it looks:
2.PNG

Capture.PNG

This is definitely a self promotion.

I know optical drives are practically dead devices. It seems no one are using them today anymore. Or are out there guys who are still using them? I definitely do, even if not too frequently.
To work with these devices I wrote many years ago the Optical Drive Status plugin. It can identify even if the tray of the optical drive is open or not and if it is closed, can identify if there is a disk inserted or not. It reads the eventual icon of the disk and its label. Give it a try, if interested.
(The other guys, don't laugh, as said, I'm really still using CDs and DVDs from time to time)
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:52 pm This is definitely a self promotion.

I know optical drives are practically dead devices. It seems no one are using them today anymore. Or are out there guys who are still using them? I definitely do, even if not too frequently.
To work with these devices I wrote many years ago the Optical Drive Status plugin. It can identify even if the tray of the optical drive is open or not and if it is closed, can identify if there is a disk inserted or not. It reads the eventual icon of the disk and its label. Give it a try, if interested.
(The other guys, don't laugh, as said, I'm really still using CDs and DVDs from time to time)
It's not a laughable matter at all. CDs and DVDs were out childhood things and I used to love the musics that came in it. Though I don't use it in my laptop (got no slots), we still have a DVD player where we play DVDs, mostly our parents' marriage and stuff. I even got an tape recorder lol.(it belonged to my dad ofc.)

Also, can I get the source? Tho I am not sure if it would be of help since my plugin is in c#.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:07 pm Also, can I get the source? Tho I am not sure if it would be of help since my plugin is in c#.
Unfortunately I disappoint you: I don't have it anymore. A hard-drive failure "ate" it. Yep, I know I should have been to have a backup, but those days (back in 2016) I still didn't have one. Now I'm backing up my entire hard-drive regularly, but this doesn't give back what have been lost then.

I'm really sorry I can't help you...
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

death.crafter wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 4:08 pm Hmm, this is something to look into. Thanks for letting me know.
It's not my first but thanks a lot :D
I won't hijack this thread, so I will just make a new one in Plugins section after I look into this thing.
Thank you very much!
balala wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:52 pm
Thank you too! I haven't seen your plugin before. I have just bookmarked it. Thanks!
balala wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:52 pm (The other guys, don't laugh, as said, I'm really still using CDs and DVDs from time to time)
CDs and DVDs are all right. I am collecting music on cassette tapes and have acquired around 200 tapes (mostly music that came out recently) along with Sony Walkman DD-22 which is older than me. I am occasionally taking it with me outside with several tapes to get weird looks from people around. Anyone has reels here? :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:58 pm CDs and DVDs are all right. I am collecting music on cassette tapes and have acquired around 200 tapes (mostly music that came out recently) along with Sony Walkman DD-22 which is older than me. I am occasionally taking it with me outside with several tapes to get weird looks from people around. Anyone has reels here? :D
:thumbup:
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:49 pm I think I owe you an apology, CodeCode. Sorry for my previous post where I told you to start from scratch again, without looking properly at your skin.

So to make up, here is a little something that you wanted a while back (maybe, I don't remember correctly :oops: ).

With this skin there is a plugin that you can use to get the label, free or total space, file system(NTFS, FAT32 etc) and drive type(fixed, removable etc).

Screenshot 2021-10-23 190001.png

TitanDrives_1.0.0.rmskin
Thanks d.c
You really didn't need to do that. As already apparent, people love this. New drive info is always cool. So thanks for taking the time to share. :thumbup:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello again.
I am now trying different things, and the ActionTImer Plugin seemed viable for setting the index Variable in the ThisPC folder.

I am trying this, but it is not correct, or cannot work. Any help is appreciated:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!UpdateMeasure UpIndexTop][!CommandMeasure mIndexName9 "FollowPath"][!CommandMeasure mPath "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Container=Container9

[UpIndexTop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=UpIndex
UpIndex=[!SetVariable Scroll "1"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasure UpIndexTop][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter Comtainer-2][!Redraw]
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

CodeCode wrote: October 24th, 2021, 12:57 am Hello again.
I am now trying different things, and the ActionTImer Plugin seemed viable for setting the index Variable in the ThisPC folder.

I am trying this, but it is not correct, or cannot work. Any help is appreciated:

LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!UpdateMeasure UpIndexTop][!CommandMeasure mIndexName9 "FollowPath"][!CommandMeasure mPath "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Container=Container9

[UpIndexTop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=UpIndex
UpIndex=[!SetVariable Scroll "1"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasure UpIndexTop][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter Comtainer-2][!Redraw]
OK. Wow. I see it now. I just did this, and it works:

LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetVariable Scroll "1"][!CommandMeasure mIndexName9 "FollowPath"][!CommandMeasure mPath "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]