It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:27 am

Two Questions: FileVIew & FolderInfo

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Two Questions: FileVIew & FolderInfo

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
So I have a question about FileView & FolderInfo.

FileView Question:
Is itpossible to have the ParentMeasure have a dynamic Count Option? The reason I ask is to try and also have a dynamic SkinHeight based on the top level of This PC and the Storage disks listed in it.
FolderInfo Question:
Is it possible for the ParentMeasure to Have the Folder option focused on ThisPC?
Thanks for any help with these questions.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Two Questions: FileVIew & FolderInfo

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: October 13th, 2021, 3:59 am FileView Question:
Is itpossible to have the ParentMeasure have a dynamic Count Option? The reason I ask is to try and also have a dynamic SkinHeight based on the top level of This PC and the Storage disks listed in it.
Yep, possible:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Variables]
Coun=8

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=C:
Count=#Coun#
DynamicVariables=1

[mIndex1Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=1
Group=Children

[mIndex2Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=2
Group=Children

[mIndex3Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=3
Group=Children

[mIndex4Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=4
Group=Children

[mIndex5Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=5
Group=Children

[mIndex6Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=6
Group=Children

[mIndex7Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=7
Group=Children

[mIndex8Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileName
Index=8
Group=Children

[MeterNames]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mIndex1Name
MeasureName2=mIndex2Name
MeasureName3=mIndex3Name
MeasureName4=mIndex4Name
MeasureName5=mIndex5Name
MeasureName6=mIndex6Name
MeasureName7=mIndex7Name
MeasureName8=mIndex8Name
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=1. %1#CRLF#2. %2#CRLF#3. %3#CRLF#4. %4#CRLF#5. %5#CRLF#6. %6#CRLF#7. %7#CRLF#8. %8
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=0
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Coun "4"][!UpdateMeasure "mPath"]
The Count option of the parent [mPath] measure is set to 8, through the Coun variable. When you click the string, this number is set to 4 and the meter updates accordingly. However note there that such in a case, the [mIndex5Name] - [mIndex8Name] measures are returning the same file names as measures [mIndex1Name] - [mIndex4Name].
CodeCode wrote: October 13th, 2021, 3:59 am FolderInfo Question:
Is it possible for the ParentMeasure to Have the Folder option focused on ThisPC?
Even if I'm not sure about this, I suppose zou can!t, because ThisPC doesn't contain files, so there is nothing to count. But unfortunately as said, I'm not sure on this, I might be wrong here.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hmm. Yes.

I found after some more testing that the Count Option can be managed with a variable.

I also tried to use FolderInfo option InfoType=FolderCount to see the foldercount and pass that to the FileView mPath Parent Measure.

It seems no matter what I tried, FolderInfo does not like to be at the highest level e.g. the Drives level and just wont read those values - so unless something that makes that possible FolderCount isn't filecount like fileview, but unlike fileview measures that can see the drives level, folderinfo cannot.

I was trying to use folderinfo to pass drives number to mPath parent, since passing fileview's Type=FolderCount to mPath parent simply breaks that Measure and nothing works (a 'quiet' infinite loop?).

Oh well.

Thanks balala. I appreciate your taking the time to explain things.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:38 am I was trying to use folderinfo to pass drives number to mPath parent, since passing fileview's Type=FolderCount to mPath parent simply breaks that Measure and nothing works (a 'quiet' infinite loop?).
Make two FileView measures?
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:38 am I also tried to use FolderInfo option InfoType=FolderCount to see the foldercount and pass that to the FileView mPath Parent Measure.

It seems no matter what I tried, FolderInfo does not like to be at the highest level e.g. the Drives level and just wont read those values - so unless something that makes that possible FolderCount isn't filecount like fileview, but unlike fileview measures that can see the drives level, folderinfo cannot.

I was trying to use folderinfo to pass drives number to mPath parent, since passing fileview's Type=FolderCount to mPath parent simply breaks that Measure and nothing works (a 'quiet' infinite loop?).
Not entirely sure I can follow you, so probably a sample code would be needed.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: October 14th, 2021, 9:20 am Make two FileView measures?
I tried that. I am fairly certain that it is essentially doing the same thing so the 'quiet loop' kicks in, and all of the other measures were kicked out to produce only the root drive's details as per the Count=#Num# and other things didn't work correctly either. The strange thing is that the loop and why I call it 'quiet' is because performance - at least on my PC - was not taking a hit also...?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: October 15th, 2021, 1:42 am I tried that. I am fairly certain that it is essentially doing the same thing so the 'quiet loop' kicks in, and all of the other measures were kicked out to produce only the root drive's details as per the Count=#Num# and other things didn't work correctly either. The strange thing is that the loop and why I call it 'quiet' is because performance - at least on my PC - was not taking a hit also...?
I really am confused as to what you're trying to do here.

If you want to hide some slots based on count then you could probably have one FileView parent, and another child of it showing the count. And then you can Hidden=(SlotIndex - (FileCount + FolderCount))

I can't test this but it's pretty much foolproof.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: October 15th, 2021, 8:01 pm I really am confused as to what you're trying to do here.

If you want to hide some slots based on count then you could probably have one FileView parent, and another child of it showing the count. And then you can Hidden=(SlotIndex - (FileCount + FolderCount))

I can't test this but it's pretty much foolproof.
Thanks death.crafter. I wasn't trying to do that but since you've shared that, I realise that I may need to do that actually. I haven't gotten that far yet.

What I was trying to do is dynamically read the amount of hard disks and have that number feed into the FileView parent. However, I now understand better how that plugin works, and I understand the number of hard disks is arbitrary - at least for most usage, anyway. To explain myself a bit more - I was trying to have all of the hard disks recognised so that the info was available. But again, I now understand that count is the amount of folders that are being indexed rather than determining how many can be scrolled through at all.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Not sure if anyone is interested - but I have found some really good results on the Drives & Folders skin I have been obsessing about.

I can now navigate to sub folders and even open files in them -= so far I just tested an mkv file.
The caveat? Its weird.

But if some one felt they could help and test it. I would be really grateful.

Maybe some experimenting help too.
Titan Drives_3.0.0.0a.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: October 21st, 2021, 6:57 am But if some one felt they could help and test it. I would be really grateful.
Just tried it out and have a few comments:
  • If I open a folder only the first ten elements are shown. This is how you intended the skin to work? It's not a good idea to ignore the last elements.
  • Some folders are show as the are empty. Unfortunately it seems that not all, but couldn't identify which folders are behaving this way. The content of some folders are shown ok, the content of others simply doesn't appear. I couldn't identify the filter in the code either. So am not sure, but there is something wrong, i suppose. Which type of files should be shown? Images seems to be shown.
  • If I double click an image, it disappears and nothing happens.
  • The size of all elements are shown as 0, excepting the drives on This PC, which are shown correctly. Otherwise both the files and folders are shown "un-sized".