It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Frustrated with weather

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
spectreone3

Frustrated with weather

Post by spectreone3 »

I know weather topics aren't new but for the life of me I cannot get them to work either with Enigma or through 10-foot HUD. EDIT: I have gotten Enigma Moxaweather to work but still nothing with 1o-foot HUD

I'm trying to use 10-foot HUD and read a view articles that said to just use the zip so I tried and nothing, weather code didn't work either. What am I missing?

Here is the code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
10-Foot HUD (White) - Created by Stephen R Gibson, based on MoxaWeather.

[Variables]
;Find your weather code at Weather.com (like UKXX0296 below) and replace the one in this URL.
;To have the temperature display in Farenheit, delete "&unit=m" from the URL.
[color=#FF0000]URL=http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/83815?cc=*&unit=m&dayf=6[/color]
Font=rockwell

------------------------------------MEASURES-------------------------------------------

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=3600
Url=#URL#
RegExp="(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">(.*)<tmp>(.*)</tmp>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<day d="1" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="2" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="3" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)"
StringIndex=1

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=3

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=5
Substitute="Fair":"FAIR","Cloudy":"CLOUDY","Showers in the Vicinity":"SHOWERS","Partly":"PARTLY","Mostly":"MOSTLY","Fog":"FOG","Clouds":"CLOUDS","Light":"LIGHT","Rain":"RAIN","Sunny":"SUNNY","Clear":"CLEAR"

-------------------------------------METERS--------------------------------------------

[MeterBG]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
W=120
H=160
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 1

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=550
Y=0
FontColor=255,255,255,80
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=60
StringAlign=RIGHT
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=rockwell
Antialias=1
Postfix="°"

[MeterDesc]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=550
Y=68
FontColor=255,255,255,80
FontSize=42
StringAlign=RIGHT
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=rockwell
Antialias=1
Last edited by dragonmage on May 2nd, 2010, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code][/code] tags for posting .ini contents.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Frustrated with weather

Post by dragonmage »

Try changing xoap to xml in the url. That's been mentioned a few hundred times, it might work...
spectreone3

Post by spectreone3 »

dragonmage wrote:Try changing xoap to xml in the url. That's been mentioned a few hundred times, it might work...
I love me some sarcasm in the morning. Thanks for the help, it worked.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

spectreone3 wrote: I love me some sarcasm in the morning. Thanks for the help, it worked.
You've definitely come to the right place then ;) Seriously though, I don't mean any offense. We've just been repeating this answer for over a year, I had hoped by now most skin authors would have updated their skins.