It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:15 pm

ValliStart - Your new start menu

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
kintsugi

Re: ValliStart - Your new start menu

Post by kintsugi »

Hi ! I just finished customizing it, and it's awesome, however, I cannot find how to change the Start button orb ? I read the FAQ, but I cannot seem to change it. I de-installed StartIsBack but no luck :/ Thank's a lot for your help
Jax

Post by Jax »

Guide: https://wiki.jaxcore.app/modules/vallistart#creating-a-pseudo-start-button-with-core

If you had encountered any issues with this, feel free to create a post on our Discord or Github repo!
gecko8k

Post by gecko8k »

Jax wrote: August 29th, 2022, 6:41 am Forgot to make an update here.... I've added an option to toggle this off in the latest update!
  • Could you point me to the toggle? I tried setting the ValliStart-hotkey to something else than Win-key or a combination with it, but the process line still pops up alongside with Valli.

I think I found a bug with v. 3.60. When I am in Word 2010 or the browser Vivaldi, when I press the Win-key the normal startmenu appears. As soon as I am outside these programs everything works as normal and ValliStart pops up. Tell me if I can help you look into this. Edit: Nevermind, a pc restart solved this :Whistle .
Jax

Post by Jax »

gecko8k wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:15 am
  • Could you point me to the toggle?
JaxCore -> ValliStart -> General -> Setting: Show taskbar when start menu is shown :D
Jax

Post by Jax »

Interesting things you can do with ValliStart - a mini popup dock!
Untitled.png
Modules: GenericHeader + Shortcuts
Position: Start at mouse position
Width: 400px
Minimum height: 0px

Share other interesting things you've done with ValliStart! ;-)
gecko8k

Post by gecko8k »

Love ValliStart, I use it all the time to get a Start-menu that's actually useful :lol:

One feature request: Is it possible to wish for a 4K-compatible ValliStart? As of now the interface looks somewhat pixelated and gritty on a 4K-dsplay which is a bit of a letdown for such a great program.
Attachments
ValliStart looks pixelated on 4K-display.png
ValliStart looks pixelated on 4K-display
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gecko8k wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 7:45 pm Love ValliStart, I use it all the time to get a Start-menu that's actually useful :lol:

One feature request: Is it possible to wish for a 4K-compatible ValliStart? As of now the interface looks somewhat pixelated and gritty on a 4K-dsplay which is a bit of a letdown for such a great program.
This might be related to this:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22272