It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:45 am

ValliStart - Your new start menu

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Jax

ValliStart - Your new start menu

Post by Jax »

Jax wrote: — 03/31/2024 5:50 AM
Hi @everyone

JaxCore had ceased development near the end of 2022, and the server was no longer maintained ever since. As of today, this server is now in the state of a "public archive". You can view past updates as well as issues, but can no longer send any messages anywhere. If you are looking for support, please refer to the Discord site "issue and bugs" and search for an answer there. Lots of love to everyone, including you, for being part of my journey developing JaxCore.

ValliStart
Your new start menu

Start menu replacement for Windows, with full customizability, interchangeable modules and more. Light weight and optimized.

ValliStart3.png
Features
  • Built-in Windows Search Compatibility
    Flawless Animations
    Full-fledged Control Center
    Custom Pinned Shortcuts
    Integrated Media Controls
    Customizable Hotkeys
    Additional Modules like Weather Status
    ... and more
Download:
You can either get it from DeviantArt or Github releases

Screenshots
Vekl.png
Classic.png
Side.png
Flat.png
Win11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jax on March 4th, 2022, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_fuze

Re: ValliStart - Start menu replacement with Rainmeter

Post by _fuze »

Great Mod! Very user friendly. One question though, how do you edit the pinned applications?
[FontAwesome]I'M A DUMBASS THAT LIKES CUSTOMISING MY PC[/FontAwesome]
Jax

Post by Jax »

Check out the general settings.
Jax

Post by Jax »

:welcome: ValliStart's getting the biggest update this weekend~
Jax

Re: ValliStart - Your new start menu

Post by Jax »

3.0 update

What's New

• Added "Hot Apps" to help you navigate through Windows faster than ever.
• Added a Calendar module. Useful for the non-procrastinators.
• Added a preference that allows you to set an image as ValliStart's background. For the choosy types.
• A plethora of improvements have been made to the configuration menu. It's now clearer, and goes well with ValliStart's minimal look.
• Added more color options.
• Updated the positioning system.
• Improved the modular spacing to make ValliStart look and feel more consistent.
gecko8k

Post by gecko8k »

Hi Jax. I really like Vallistart and have used it to replace my start menu. However I think I have found a bug where shortcuts disappear from SingleRow and DoubleRow.

To recreate the bug do this:

1) Load the Layout Vekl.
2) Add the Module SingleRow or DoubleRow.
3) Add a few shortcuts.
4) Move an empty shortcut row above the added shortcuts.
5) Now, if you press the Win-key to open Vallistart the shortcuts have disappeared and I can not find a way to get them back. Unloading the module, quitting Rainmeter or restarting the pc did not help.

If you need help looking into this just write back.
gecko8k

Post by gecko8k »

An idea for a module: something that shows all open windows so you don't have to use Alt+Tab or go to the taskbar.
gecko8k

Post by gecko8k »

I think I found a bug sort of. On my pc I am hiding the process line and summon Valli with the win-key. Normally the process line stays hidden when I press the win-key. After updating to ValliStart 3.52 from I guess 3.4-ish, when I press the win-key, the process bar shows up shortly. This is kinda annoying. Could you make it not show up, or do you know something I can do to fix this?
Jax

Post by Jax »

Hey. Sorry for the late reply. I've added this feature due to high demand, and overlooked the need of adding an option to toggle it off. This will be added in a later update. Thanks! :welcome:
gecko8k wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:44 pm An idea for a module: something that shows all open windows so you don't have to use Alt+Tab or go to the taskbar.
I don't think it would look good in a start menu... so unfortunately not :(
Jax

Post by Jax »

gecko8k wrote: August 8th, 2022, 8:39 pm I think I found a bug sort of. On my pc I am hiding the process line and summon Valli with the win-key. Normally the process line stays hidden when I press the win-key. After updating to ValliStart 3.52 from I guess 3.4-ish, when I press the win-key, the process bar shows up shortly. This is kinda annoying. Could you make it not show up, or do you know something I can do to fix this?
Forgot to make an update here.... I've added an option to toggle this off in the latest update!