It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:58 pm

[Solved] How to delete a file or chWallpaper workaround

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Maalox

[Solved] How to delete a file or chWallpaper workaround

Post by Maalox »

Using: Rainmeter1.2 380 64 bit on Windows 7 x64, Nconvert x64

Hi, I made a custom skin using the HUDvision method for changing wallpapers. This method uses Nconvert to generate thumbs in Rainmeter and a wallpaper at a given resolution. I think Rainmeter calls fileExec.exe (famous for false positives in antivirus stuff) which executes Nconvert and HUDvision's chWallpaper.exe.

Anyway, everything is set up correctly, but the wallpaper only changes if it is not already created. I tried Nconvert's -D switch to "delete original," but that doesn't seem to work. All processes are running as Administrator.

Here is my action for Nconvert:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#dir#\util\fileExec.exe" "nconvert.exe -v #MonitorResolution# -out bmp -o %%%windir%\Nostromo_wallpaper.bmp%%  %%[LoadPictures]%%" "%%#dir#\util\chWallpaper.exe%% %%%windir%\Nostromo_wallpaper.bmp%% center" -ew -swhide]
Anyone run into this before? Any ideas on how I might get Nconvert to actually replace the picture or maybe a way to delete the file just before the new one is created?

Thank you.
maminscris

Re: How to delete a file or chWallpaper workaround

Post by maminscris »

there is a skin made by kenz0 it is called AutoWall, look in the skin i use since it's release and works great.
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
Maalox

Post by Maalox »

Thanks, maminscris. That helped narrow it down. I downloaded Autowall and tried the WallpaperChanger.exe that comes with it. This also manages to change the wallpaper the first time... or probably any time, though i can't tell because the image isn't changed. So I think the changer part of it is fine. This has something to do with image creation. I think my problem is that Nconvert will not overwrite the previous file it made for some reason.

So, if there are any adept Nconvert users out there, please chime in....
Maalox

Post by Maalox »

Pierre from XnView advised that there is now an -overwrite switch. That works.