It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:09 pm

Docks

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Carlan955

Docks

Post by Carlan955 »

Hi,

I'm using the 1.1 Version ( 32bit ) and I have Windows Vista.

I need help with add my own docks at the bottom of the screen. Here is a picture of where I want to have the docks : http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/blabl.JPG
I want to add my own docks,for example steam,messenger,skype etc. and I don't really know how to do it.

Best Regards,
Carl Nykvist
JpsCrazy

Re: Docks

Post by JpsCrazy »

...why do you have 2 Rainmeter shortcuts?

Nonetheless, there are MANY possible choices, but the easiest and most basic is the Enigma launchers.
First off, open Enigma Configure. Default is to middle click on the sidebar (You can probably do it on the taskbar as well) just make sure you're not over any skins. Otherwise, go to C:\(SkinLocation)\Skins\Enigma\Resources\Variables. (The location is usually in AppData or Program Filles or My Documents. I don't have Vista, so there are my best guesses) Open Enigma Configure, obviously.

After it opens and loads, find the App1 App1Path and App1Label. This is the Title, Location, and One word description of the App (more words get cut off easily but it is possible.) Fill them in appropiately, including the .exe for each program for App1Path. Be sure to press Set every time or it won't save! When you filled in the data for all the apps you want, press Save All at the top right.
Now, here's what you might dislike, these Launchers don't have icons associated with them, and for that, you'll need to go out looking for new launcher skins if you want them, and you may have to configure it differently.

Now, Right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar (near the time) and go up to Configs --> Enigma --> Taskbar --> Launchers and select the Launchers you set and want. (Launcher1 is App1, and etc) They'll probably appear top left of your screen, so just drag them down to the taskbar by the description. If you try to drag it by the title, it'll probably open. And that should be it!
e.PNG
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Alternatively, you can make you're own quite simply.

First, make a new folder.
Name it MyDocks or MyLaunchers or anything you choose.
Now, make Subfolders, Dock1, Dock2, etc.
In EACH Subfolder this is what you should do:
Find an icon you like, or make your own. (For best results, have a transparent background)
Place the image into one of these folders.
Make a new skin. (Open Notepad, type the code in and save as a .ini)
Then make a meter with meter=image, ImageName=imagename.extension and give it a leftmousedown=!execute ["app-location.exe"]

I have a small background on mine so I can move it around without activating the program. After you move it around, open the .ini and change the 255 to 0 and it'll be invisible if you want to keep the location.
And disregard the extra words in the brackets, it's a specific command for that program. Mine happens to turn off the monitor with a click, through a program NirCmd.

Example:
[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
BackgroundMargins=10, 10, 10, 10
SolidColor=5, 5, 5, 100, 255

[Meter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=monitor-control.gif
LeftMouseDownAction=!execute ["C:\Windows\nircmd.exe" monitor off]
Carlan955

Post by Carlan955 »