It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:13 pm

Newly connected monitor is added to next number regardless if windows recognises it.

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
AlmightyBeing

Newly connected monitor is added to next number regardless if windows recognises it.

Post by AlmightyBeing »

Hello,

I thought I should add this here too since it might be a bug or should be done differently. Full explanation at my other post here. Windows is able to identify the normal monitor number of a newly connected monitor at any time whereas rainmeter only detects on startup and then adds the new monitor as next available number.

For example, I have 3 monitors but decide to start windows with only 2, the 2 I have connected are usually monitor 1 and 3 when using all three. windows and rainmeter detect only two monitors so they are set as 1 and 2. I then decide I want to use all 3 so I turn on the 3rd. Windows recognises this monitor and changes the monitor that was already connected as 2, to now be 3 and the new one as 2 because that is the normal layout of these 3 monitors. But rainmeter just sees a new monitor and sets it as 3.

I'm wondering if it's possible for rainmeter to either read the monitor number that windows sets a new monitor as when its connected or if rainmeter can also remember pre-existing monitor orders and change them accordingly, irrespective of the order they were connected in.