It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:03 am

JSMorley's Weather.com skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: JSMorley's Weather.com skin

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: September 18th, 2021, 8:42 pm I kind of like "_", especially since the template is kind of reminiscent of a base class in C++/C#. But that's just me... :)
I was kinda fond of @ since it tied in nicely with the idea that they come from @Include files...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: September 18th, 2021, 9:22 pm I was kinda fond of @ since it tied in nicely with the idea that they come from @Include files...
@ the time (pun intended), I agreed.

But when trying to select, copy, and paste in Notepad++ the @ symbol was not being included as part of the selected text; that was the only reason why I went with a period as the first character.

I think the underscore may be the way to go... if indeed you do decide to change it.
The really downside is this would require revisiting all of the 'updated' weather skins AGAIN!
Not something I want to experience any time soon. :uhuh:

So backward compatibility may require adding a note in the docs about the weather variables usage in IfConditions tests. :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:12 pm The really downside is this would require revisiting all of the 'updated' weather skins AGAIN!
Not something I want to experience any time soon. :uhuh:
So... many... @Inlcude files. So... many... skin files. So... many... posts and documentation. Ugh.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Couldn't you use a double @@? Sort of in keeping with the current way but like double ampersand it escapes the single use of the symbol.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:19 pm So... many... @Inlcude files. So... many... skin files. So... many... posts and documentation. Ugh.
I agree with you and ET, not something I'd want to go through again. Maybe when (the inevitable) next time TWC breaks their website and/or API, and everyone has to redo everything anyway, then perhaps that's the time to make any global changes like this.

I'm a little surprised it's been as stable as it has been. They've started this "premium content" crap like everyone loves to do these days, so I'm surprised they haven't neutered the API yet.