It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:29 pm

[Suggestion] IgnoreWarnings=1 in Rainmeter section

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Cariboudjan

[Suggestion] IgnoreWarnings=1 in Rainmeter section

Post by Cariboudjan »

Would love to be able to toggle off Errors, Warnings, Notices, Debug, etc. in the Log for specific skins rather than the entire program. Would love to be able to add IgnoreWarnings=1 to the [Rainmeter] section to prevent any errors, etc. from that specific config from appearing in the Log.
Bekarfel

Re: [Suggestion] IgnoreWarnings=1 in Rainmeter section

Post by Bekarfel »

Perhaps not in the skin section, but if this were to be implemented, it should be as an option in Rainmeter, so any skin can temporarily have its warnings suppressed.
My rationale for the temporary bit is that warnings are supposed to be acted upon. If you don't want to see warnings, you shouldn't have faulty code. I can see the purpose of having the toggles in Rainmeter as filtering for problems if you are trying to find an error that otherwise is lost in a deluge of other problems.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
Cariboudjan

Re: [Suggestion] IgnoreWarnings=1 in Rainmeter section

Post by Cariboudjan »

Bekarfel wrote: September 5th, 2021, 6:10 am If you don't want to see warnings, you shouldn't have faulty code.
In my case, the warnings are not the cause of faulty code. They are the cause of sending bangs such as !Hide, !HideMeter, !DeactivateConfig, etc. of configs that may or may not be open when the bangs are called. Rather than do a useless "check" to see if the configs are open before sending the bangs, I just send the bangs. Either the desired action will take place or the bangs will hit a brick wall and that will be the end of it.

In fact I would go so far as to suggest that things like "Config not found" shouldn't be considered errors at all. They should be considered Notices so they can be easily filtered out without filtering out the actual errors.
Untitled123.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.