It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:29 pm

[BUG] Windows 11 Explorer lag while using Rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
voqzmk2

[BUG] Windows 11 Explorer lag while using Rainmeter

Post by voqzmk2 »

Hello, I have had this bug since the first Insider Preview, I thought they would fix it, but it never got fixed.
Here is a video of the bug : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEKxOYr0vI
This only happens when Rainmeter is running.

I'm using the latest Rainmeter version, before I updated to 4.5 I used Rainmeter 4.4 r3500 beta.

PC Specs :
RTX 2060
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
16GB HyperX 3200 Mhz RAM
Windows Version 21H2 (Build 22000.168)

Please help, this bug makes it hard to drag and drop files and it is really annoying.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [BUG] Windows 11 Explorer lag while using Rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

voqzmk2 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:26 pm Hello, I have had this bug since the first Insider Preview, I thought they would fix it, but it never got fixed.
Here is a video of the bug : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEKxOYr0vI
This only happens when Rainmeter is running.

I'm using the latest Rainmeter version, before I updated to 4.5 I used Rainmeter 4.4 r3500 beta.

PC Specs :
RTX 2060
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
16GB HyperX 3200 Mhz RAM
Windows Version 21H2 (Build 22000.168)

Please help, this bug makes it hard to drag and drop files and it is really annoying.
I'm not getting that on Windows 11. Try switching the setting for Hardware Acceleration in the Settings tab for Rainmeter.
voqzmk2

Post by voqzmk2 »

I tried disabling my Droptop Four Skin and turned Hardware acceleration on and I still have that bug.
My friend has a Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX 2070 Super and also has the same problem with Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

voqzmk2 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 8:51 am I tried disabling my Droptop Four Skin and turned Hardware acceleration on and I still have that bug.
My friend has a Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX 2070 Super and also has the same problem with Rainmeter.
You probably have a Droptop Four skin that is causing the lag.

Unload your Droptop Four skins, one at a time, and see if the lag issue disappears; if so, the last skin you unloaded is the problem.

Then post which skin(s) are the problem so others can try to help.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Please report this problem in the Windows 11 Insider feedback panel. The problem is caused by Windows 11 (But Explorer specifically for some reason) not being able to handle Explorer windows when there is a work area change. You should be able to eliminate the problem by changing to Autohide mode, or Desktop Only mode, and logging out/in of Windows.

But again, please report this problem in the Windows 11 feedback panel. This is what betas were designed for.

Also please upgrade to the latest version of Droptop here: https://blacksquare88.wixsite.com/droptop4/download