It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:36 am

Adjust Mic Volume Level?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

Adjust Mic Volume Level?

Post by sl23 »

Is it possible? I can't find any mention of this in the docs except for as a VU.
If it's not available, is there any chance of adding this function? Would be VERY handy to have :D

EDIT: For future reference and anyone wanting this, the solution was provided on page 16 of this thread, with a great amount of help provided by Yincognito!
Last edited by sl23 on May 14th, 2022, 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Adjust Mic Volume Level?

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 6:46 pm Is it possible? I can't find any mention of this in the docs except for as a VU.
If it's not available, is there any chance of adding this function? Would be VERY handy to have :D
This might interest you. You can make use of PowershellRM to get the volume and set the volume.

P.S. if you need more help, feel free to ask.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Excellent, thanks dc :thumbup:
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

:o It's that scary powershell again!!! :rofl:
Um, this is way beyond my abilities! :oops:

Do I need to create a scriptfile for this or will it run direct from Rainmeter via the Plugin?
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 7:31 pm :o It's that scary powershell again!!! :rofl:
Um, this is way beyond my abilities! :oops:

Do I need to create a scriptfile for this or will it run direct from Rainmeter via the Plugin?
MicVolume_v1.0.0.rmskin
Don't do MouseScrollActions. And tell if you get errors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Works a treat! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you so much for that. :D

I tried uncommenting the scroll options but they have no effect though.

Oh, and no errors :D
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 8:54 pm Works a treat! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you so much for that. :D

I tried uncommenting the scroll options but they have no effect though.

Oh, and no errors :D
I removed unnecessary functions from the script. Just set variable mic volume to whatever you want and call Set-MicVolume.
MicVolume_v1.0.0.rmskin
P.S.: If you want to integrate it somewhere else, Addons and contained module folder should be in @Resources.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Just got this error from the first version of the skin.

Code: Select all

System.Management.Automation.PSInvalidOperationException: The pipeline was not run because a pipeline is already running. Pipelines cannot be run concurrently.
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.DoConcurrentCheck(Boolean syncCall, Object syncObject, Boolean isInLock)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.RunspaceBase.DoConcurrentCheckAndAddToRunningPipelines(PipelineBase pipeline, Boolean syncCall)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.CoreInvoke(IEnumer (TEST-SUITE\MicVolume\MicVolume.ini - [MicVolume])
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 9:48 pm Just got this error from the first version of the skin.

System.Management.Automation.PSInvalidOperationException: The pipeline was not run because a pipeline is already running. Pipelines cannot be run concurrently.
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.DoConcurrentCheck(Boolean syncCall, Object syncObject, Boolean isInLock)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.RunspaceBase.DoConcurrentCheckAndAddToRunningPipelines(PipelineBase pipeline, Boolean syncCall)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.CoreInvoke(IEnumer (TEST-SUITE\MicVolume\MicVolume.ini - [MicVolume])
Yeah I was talking about this one. It works but still gives error.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Still getting that error:

I was planning on adding the code to another skin if that's ok? Thanks for the help :thumbup:
Is the delay after clicking due to the nature of the plugin? I tried using:
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable MicVolume "(Floor($MouseX:%$))"][!CommandMeasure MicVolume "Set-MicVolume"] [!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
But it no effect.
Last edited by sl23 on October 7th, 2021, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- MuLab -