It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:24 pm

Need Help with Mouse control on Shapes.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
KryptOnyx

Re: Need Help with Mouse control on Shapes.

Post by KryptOnyx »

Yincognito wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:29 pm but in the launcher it sometimes doesn't show all the files / folders in the current path (most of the times it does, yet the issue seems to happen on a random basis)
Not sure what is causing that...all the tests I have done perform as expected...
Keeping it Simple is a double edged sword. The Configurator doesn't read the current Launcher pattern (a v2.0 feature :thumbup: along with Configurator/Launcher integration and World Peace :bow: ) so it's difficult to see if the Pattern is a cause of the missing Icons, and random occurances don't help :???: .
One thing I did notice...an aspect of the FileView plugin as seen in the Launcher measures [mFileIcon_?], is that it saves the Icons as per IconPath=#@#HexIcon_?.ico which translates to SkinFolder/@Resources/HexIcon_?.ico
When I packaged the Skin, the @Resources folder held blank Icons rather than a stack of my Icons that wouldn't do anything anyway.
Even with a SHORTCUT folder on the Desktop, the initial Load sometimes doesn't refresh the Icon storage, but collapse and expand the Pattern does a Refresh and they then populate.
In saying that, it involves all the Icons, not a random selection.
HexIcon was designed to be a Shortcut Launcher to tidy the Desktop. I have not tested it by pointing it at C:\ so there may be some files that FileView cannot collect an Icon from, so they appear Blank.
Also, depending on the Pattern you make, the number sequence is important. FileView allows 'scrolling' with the Mouse Wheel if the number of Icons exceeds the Tiles. This can be confusing if the sequence is scattered as the Icons seem to jump around (unrelated to missing Icons, I know).
On another note, we mentioned using a String as a database with RegEx to Read/Write.
I have some ideas on that but am having trouble with RegEx (no surprise there :D ). Would I start another Topic to delve those inky depths?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

KryptOnyx wrote: August 29th, 2021, 1:31 am Not sure what is causing that...all the tests I have done perform as expected...
Keeping it Simple is a double edged sword. The Configurator doesn't read the current Launcher pattern (a v2.0 feature :thumbup: along with Configurator/Launcher integration and World Peace :bow: ) so it's difficult to see if the Pattern is a cause of the missing Icons, and random occurances don't help :???: .
One thing I did notice...an aspect of the FileView plugin as seen in the Launcher measures [mFileIcon_?], is that it saves the Icons as per IconPath=#@#HexIcon_?.ico which translates to SkinFolder/@Resources/HexIcon_?.ico
When I packaged the Skin, the @Resources folder held blank Icons rather than a stack of my Icons that wouldn't do anything anyway.
Even with a SHORTCUT folder on the Desktop, the initial Load sometimes doesn't refresh the Icon storage, but collapse and expand the Pattern does a Refresh and they then populate.
In saying that, it involves all the Icons, not a random selection.
HexIcon was designed to be a Shortcut Launcher to tidy the Desktop. I have not tested it by pointing it at C:\ so there may be some files that FileView cannot collect an Icon from, so they appear Blank.
Also, depending on the Pattern you make, the number sequence is important. FileView allows 'scrolling' with the Mouse Wheel if the number of Icons exceeds the Tiles. This can be confusing if the sequence is scattered as the Icons seem to jump around (unrelated to missing Icons, I know).
On another note, we mentioned using a String as a database with RegEx to Read/Write.
I have some ideas on that but am having trouble with RegEx (no surprise there :D ). Would I start another Topic to delve those inky depths?
Yeah, well, I just wanted to let you know of the issue, no pressure in fixing it, especially if you can't figure out what's causing it. Anyway, as I said, most of the times it shows all the things in the current folder, so I guess it's not such a critical fix.

Regarding the icons, I don't know too much about the FileView icon system - as far as I could tell, that part works flawlessly in your skin, just as the scrolling is. In other words, I don't believe the case of files and folders missing from the current folder is related to the icon system, since they don't display tooltips with the filename either (basically in that case, there are less hexes than they should, for the current folder; for the existing hexes in that case, the tooltips and icons work fine). As for the "refresh" of the icons, I'm sure it's just a matter of having the appropriate bangs / options in the right order and form.

Yeah, I can surely help with the "string database", just not right now (I have some other urgent things to take care of first). No need to open anther thread / topic for that, since it's related to the hex thingy anyway. I'll get back to you later on, after I deal with the other matters. Sorry for dragging this too much, but it just happened that other matters have to take precedence. :confused:
KryptOnyx

Post by KryptOnyx »

No worries at all. I very much appreciate the help and realise time is a scarce commodity these days.
While I have a few moments just now, I want to note down a few ideas about the String Database concept.
If it's here we can look back over them when we are able...

So, as with the Hex Tiles, a Record could be encased in [], and contain field such as Tile ID, X, Y, Hidden Flag (as a brief example).
In the String it could look like [0:100:100:0].
With RegEx I guess it would be easy to extract a specific Record matching an ID.
If we had an extra Record with ID = -1, that could be the Temp Storage for Record Swapping.
All you need is a Measure to copy from one Record to another, another Measure to Write into the Database, and four (4) Measures to Read each Field from a Record.
The 4 Measures can have UpdateDivider=-1 and cascade with OnUpdateAction to the next measure.

That's it for now...it's late again. See y'all in the future.
Cheers! :thumbup: