My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 1st, 2021, 5:05 pm ^
no problem - the variants in the secondary menu will suffice - thx
Yep, there isn't a built-in way (like a "!SkinVariants" bang, similar to the !SkinCustomMenu bang) to do that, you would have to create it yourself from scratch.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 1st, 2021, 5:13 pm ... you would have to create it yourself from scratch.
ok - definitely beyond my skillset -thx.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: July 19th, 2021, 7:09 pm I added that option here, ...
As I review this topic, first issue is - what has happened to this link? Negative function ... :confused:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 5:01 pm As I review this topic, first issue is - what has happened to this link? Negative function ... :confused:
The only explanation I have is that a user rainmeterbase has been banned recently from the forum and all his posts deleted, and if I remember correctly he spammed some of his stuff on one thread I also posted. If that thread was the one you refer to (Simple Weather something, if I recall correctly), maybe the devs / jsmorley deleted the entire thread by mistake instead of just that user's posts there... :confused:

If you remember that user posting something on that thread as well (me, I'm not sure which thread was it, I only remember that it was just one of the threads I also posted), then that's definitely the cause of this. And yes, the link doesn't work for me either.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 5:28 pm The only explanation I have is that a user rainmeterbase has been banned recently from the forum and all his posts deleted, and if I remember correctly he spammed some of his stuff on one thread I also posted. If that thread was the one you refer to (Simple Weather something, if I recall correctly), maybe the devs / jsmorley deleted the entire thread by mistake instead of just that user's posts there... :confused:

If you remember that user posting something on that thread as well (me, I'm not sure which thread was it, I only remember that it was just one of the threads I also posted), then that's definitely the cause of this. And yes, the link doesn't work for me either.
I missed that alert.

-Thank you
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

I have some animations that I would like to 'slowdown'. From my research it appears that increasing the value of Update should accomplish this. Value began as 1000. I tried 5000, 10000, 50000, these values have no effect whatsoever. All images are NNNNN x 333 pixels. I am probably doing/knowing something wrong.

fwiw - I have individual ini (variant) files for each animation. It was getting too tedious to change (comment/uncomment) code for each animation and this works great (see? I am learning this stuff, slowly). Perhaps it is possible to control this with mod section/s of code or add some unique (animation-relative) code in each ini file?
:confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote: August 4th, 2021, 4:56 pm I have some animations that I would like to 'slowdown'. From my research it appears that increasing the value of Update should accomplish this. Value began as 1000. I tried 5000, 10000, 50000, these values have no effect whatsoever. All images are NNNNN x 333 pixels. I am probably doing/knowing something wrong.
:confused:
Did you try refreshing the skin?
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

balala wrote: August 4th, 2021, 6:24 pm Did you try refreshing the skin?
always - give me 'some' credit, pleeez ...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote: August 4th, 2021, 6:43 pm always - give me 'some' credit, pleeez ...
Ok, ok, just was my first idea when read you post.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

balala wrote: August 4th, 2021, 6:51 pm Ok, ok, just was my first idea when read you post.
Thx. A past post of yours surfaced while I was researching this animation speed issue where you helped someone with a similar problem. I recall the member was trying to increase/decrease the animation speed based on audio volume? I am sure my issue should be much less complex.