It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:54 pm

MouseOverAction Question

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: MouseOverAction Question

Post by jsmorley »

Hmm.. Seems to work fine for me. What version of Rainmeter are you using?

e-Nv

Post by e-Nv »

it should be the newest version as i just started using it about a week ago, could it be a problem with one of my other skins? though i highly doubt it =/
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

e-Nv wrote:it should be the newest version as i just started using it about a week ago, could it be a problem with one of my other skins? though i highly doubt it =/
If you could right click the context menu for Rainmeter and say "About" it will tell you the version. I'd be curious to see if you are using the latest beta or the 1.1 release version. I doubt that it is another skin, unless you have something that is killing your CPU. You might want to launch task manager while Rainmeter is running and see how much CPU percentage it is using.

It could also be that your computer or graphics card are a bit slow. It looks like what is happening is that there is a lag when Rainmeter draws the meter and then draws the text. This should never be something a human can see under normal conditions, but something is causing a hiccup.

If you want to track this down, first let's see what version of Rainmeter you have, what Rainmeter is using in CPU with all your skins running and then go from there.
e-Nv

Post by e-Nv »

hmm, says its the 1.1 release in the history section. Also i doubt it would be my computer (gts 250, quad core)
I also checked with different skin combinations and the cpu seems to be running normal, so im at a loss as to what could be going on, though your help is greatly appreciated haha.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

e-Nv wrote:hmm, says its the 1.1 release in the history section. Also i doubt it would be my computer (gts 250, quad core)
I also checked with different skin combinations and the cpu seems to be running normal, so im at a loss as to what could be going on, though your help is greatly appreciated haha.
Well, just for grins, let's upgrade you to Rainmeter 1.2 r380 and see if that fixes it.

Go here:

http://Rainmeter.net

Get the latest beta version, exit Rainmeter, and install the beta. It will install right over top of the older versions and won't hurt your skins or anything. No need to uninstall anything first.

Let's see if that makes any difference.
e-Nv

Post by e-Nv »

nice, it appears to work perfectly with the update, and im hopeful it will stay that way. thanks for all of your help! :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

e-Nv wrote:nice, it appears to work perfectly with the update, and im hopeful it will stay that way. thanks for all of your help! :)
Cool. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why, but there have been a lot of improvements in 1.2.

Glad it's working ok.