It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:37 pm

Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: December 12th, 2023, 6:16 am I don't really want a 1 measure solution that bad lol.
Yep, good point. :lol:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
idr

Post by idr »

How to create a RainMeter Skin that displays the HWiNFO64 CPU Usage and Physical Memory Load Averages?

ScreenShot from HWiNFO64:

Currently it shows the CURRENT CPU Usage & Physical Memory Load with the following Skin.ini:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=Acm
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
W=200
H=40 ; Adjusted height to fit both meters

[MeasureCPUUsage]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw1
; Retrieves CPU usage from the registry

[MeasureMemoryLoad]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw0
; Retrieves memory load from the registry

[MeterCPUUsage]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUUsage
X=10
Y=5 ; Adjust Y position for the first meter
FontSize=9
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
Text="CPU Usage: %1%"
; Displays the CPU usage

[MeterMemoryLoad]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureMemoryLoad
X=10
Y=20 ; Adjust Y position for the second meter
FontSize=9
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
Text="Memory Load: %1%"
; Displays the memory load
But it does not display the AVERAGE.

Unfortunately i do not know if HWiNFO can add the TOTAL CPU Usage Average and the Physical Memory Load Values to the Windows Registry.
Last edited by SilverAzide on January 17th, 2024, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags when posting code. It's the </> button.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

idr wrote: January 17th, 2024, 4:37 pm How to create a RainMeter Skin that displays the HWiNFO64 CPU Usage and Physical Memory Load Averages?
You can't. HWiNFO does not expose the min/max/average values in the registry.

If you really need this capability, you have two options. 1) Create a calc measure where the formula is the "current" value from your measure, then set the AverageSize option to some value; this will average the last N values, or 2) use the old HWiNFO plugin, which requires buying a copy of HWiNFO Pro (the free version only works for 12 hours at a time).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

idr wrote: January 17th, 2024, 4:37 pmBut it does not display the AVERAGE.
In addition to SilverAzide's options, I'll add a 3rd: compute it yourself in one or two Calc measures - after all, you just have to add the current percentage to the sum of past (current) percentages, and divide it by how many times you retrieved the data (or the number of updates since you started measuring it). Personally, I prefer this rudimentary but effective approach to using AverageSize, which has one or two not so obvious drawbacks (I talked about them in the past, but can't recall what they were right now). The implementation is trivial, you can easily do it yourself. Of course, you'll only be measuring the average since the skin was loaded or refreshed.

Here's a preview of how I measure the current (blue) and the average (orange) CPU usage of Rainmeter over an arbitrary period of time (green) in one of my skins, using the above method:
Average Usage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
idr

Post by idr »

Thanks Yincognito & SilverAzide, that looks awesome 😊, unfortunately i do not know (yet) how to "create a Calc measure" :( Do you do it with HWiNFO64 and display it with RainMeter?

I'm currently displaying it into the tray as follows:
https://gyazo.com/4d00e92722aa24d4b4c37d79b1c3f1b9
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

idr wrote: January 18th, 2024, 10:24 am Thanks Yincognito & SilverAzide, that looks awesome 😊, unfortunately i do not know (yet) how to "create a Calc measure" :( Do you do it with HWiNFO64 and display it with RainMeter?
Nope, a Calc measure is just one of the measures you can add / write into a Rainmeter skin (a skin is just an .ini file you can edit in any text editor), it has nothing to do with HWiNFO64 (although it can use values that ultimately come from HWiNFO64) - think of it as a way to do math in a skin. It has nothing to do with displaying stuff either, that's the job of meters (there are two types of sections in Rainmeter, measures to get data, and meters to display data). A meter can be bound to a measure via a MeasureName option in that meter, so that it can display the data that the measure provides.

See:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/calc/

What you have in the tray comes from HWiNFO64, I suppose (though it looks like Aida to me).
dans98

Post by dans98 »

Version 7.7 dropped today, and you can now set-up a hot key to reset the sensors.

This is a feature I've wanted for a long time as i use Rainmeter and HWiNFO to monitor all my machines important parameters.