It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:03 pm

Google calendar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Google calendar

Post by dragonmage »

No, he doesn't write plugins. There are a few people who drop in from time to time and write a plugin, but all of this is done on volunteer basis, so we can only suggest ideas and hope someone decides to run with it. That or learn C++ ourselves...
TRSyntax

Post by TRSyntax »

then its not possible to make a google calender config unless the calender you want to read from is public. stupid atom feed. it sounded iteresting there for a while
WAR AGAINST THE MACHINE!
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

PsychoHoliC wrote:then its not possible to make a google calender config unless the calender you want to read from is public. stupid atom feed. it sounded iteresting there for a while
but what about XML, ICAL and some other feed (is that a feed?) that Google provides for all calendars?
TRSyntax

Post by TRSyntax »

the atom feed is xml (a way of writing the source code) but it still got to be public :(
WAR AGAINST THE MACHINE!
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

PsychoHoliC wrote:the atom feed is xml (a way of writing the source code) but it still got to be public :(
I think you either mistaken or thinking of something else. Google Calendar provides 3 different types of feeds for *any* calendar, public or private. Private feed contains all events, public feed contains public events. And I remember that Enigma's RSS GCal skin was able to use private feed to pull events from my private calendar. It didn't display them right but that's unrelated.

So there are feeds plugin could use even if calendar is private.
TRSyntax

Post by TRSyntax »

asmodeus wrote:
I think you either mistaken or thinking of something else. Google Calendar provides 3 different types of feeds for *any* calendar, public or private. Private feed contains all events, public feed contains public events. And I remember that Enigma's RSS GCal skin was able to use private feed to pull events from my private calendar. It didn't display them right but that's unrelated.

So there are feeds plugin could use even if calendar is private.
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a code language. i dunno about the enigma Gcal skin :S guess i missed something..
WAR AGAINST THE MACHINE!
frankm1977

Post by frankm1977 »

OK i now use the version pro of rainlendar that is working with gcalendar without showing my calendar to the rest of the world (the most stupid thing ever)
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

It's worth it.
mrbaggins

Post by mrbaggins »

Is there a known way (or a sort of idea) on making Rainmeter read two calendars at once? Because I have 4 that I need displayed.

Would you need to parse each calendar individually then organise them?
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

mrbaggins wrote:Is there a known way (or a sort of idea) on making Rainmeter read two calendars at once? Because I have 4 that I need displayed.

Would you need to parse each calendar individually then organise them?
Copy the skin with calendar, make sure there's no touble with variables (i.e the link to the calendar is the same variable). Link them to the calendars. And make sure ou have the four skins in different folders, or else rainmeter will see them as diffrent versions instead of seperate skins.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.