It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:08 pm

Windows Now Playing

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
isadorekestrelwind

Re: Windows Now Playing

Post by isadorekestrelwind »

balala wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 7:01 pm After a test I probably would say that the problem resides in the WindowsNowPlaying.exe program itself. I say this because I tried to alter the RunCommand plugin measures in many way, replaced the OutputType options, removed the WindowsNowPlaying from the Parameter option and added a Program=WindowsNowPlaying.exe and so on, but had no success. Finally I tried running a command line in both ways, "normally" and as administrator, typing the appropriate command to execute the WindowsNowPlaying.exe program. But had no succes there either:
RunCommand.png
I think the WindowsNowPlaying.exe program should be altered in a way to can return the title and the artist even when there are Cyrillic letters, but this has to be done by the author. If you agree me, send him a PM, maybe he'll be able to make the needed update.
My thought at least...
Yes, I agree. Thank you!
I've sent a PM to the author, as he might be interested in joining our conversation.
Yincognito wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 8:35 pm Ah, yeah, forgot that this works with browsers so didn't think to try a YT video - thanks for reminding me that! :thumbup:
Unfortunately, it's the same behavior:
BigParty Unicode II.jpg
The fact that it works for you and not for me in CMD might have something to do with the installed keyboard(s) - just a guess...
Ah, interesting! Or even related to language of Windows UI.
Thanks that tested!

Meanwhile, I've created the same program, which might be helpful to others.
WindowsNowPlaying.zip
It requires Python and the Python winsdk (https://pypi.org/project/winsdk/) to be installed. The usage is the same and it works with Cyrillic.
1) Place 'WindowsNowPlaying.py' in the directory '\Rainmeter\Skins\Bigparty\SongInfo'.
2) In 'MeasureTitle', 'MeasureArtist', and 'MeasureThumb', change the Parameter as follows:

Code: Select all

Parameter=python WindowsNowPlaying.py title
Parameter=python WindowsNowPlaying.py artist
Parameter=python WindowsNowPlaying.py thumb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

isadorekestrelwind wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:29 pm I've sent a PM to the author, as he might be interested in joining our conversation.
Let us know if you get any information, please.
isadorekestrelwind

balala wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:37 pm Let us know if you get any information, please.
:thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

isadorekestrelwind wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:29 pm Meanwhile, I've created the same program, which might be helpful to others.
Good idea - thanks for sharing! Definitely great to have alternatives, at least until the author updates this one - and if not, well, it could stand on its own going forward. Nice job! :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
isadorekestrelwind

Yincognito wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 10:48 am Good idea - thanks for sharing! Definitely great to have alternatives, at least until the author updates this one - and if not, well, it could stand on its own going forward. Nice job! :thumbup:
Thanks! :)
kilominum

Post by kilominum »

Is it possible to rotate this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kilominum wrote: January 16th, 2024, 7:48 pm Is it possible to rotate this?
To rotate what?