It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:25 pm

Set nested [!SetOption] problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Youkai1977

Re: Set nested [!SetOption] problem

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 3:13 pm I don't know how are you creating the .rmskin skin installers, because the structure of the uploaded SlideShow_02_03_2021.rmskin is, well... let's say at least weird. The Fonts folder for instance has to be in the @Resources folder, but in your package it is outside of it. The Plugins folder has to be outside of the Skins folder, in your case it is inside, and even more: it's inside of SlidShow config as well. It also should have to include both plugin versions, the x64 and the x86 as well, but it has only the 64bit version and even that with a wrong folder name.
If you'd create the installer then you'd modify it manually, Rainmeter would refuse to run it. But your installer can be ran. So my first question here is how have you created this SlideShow_02_03_2021.rmskin skin installer? I have no idea... :confused:
Sorry that the *.rmskin does not work.
I compiled it manually and then just let Rainmeter pack it as an rmskin package.
Here is a new attempt. I hope it is correct this time. I have (for whatever reason) my problems with the rmskin creation function in Rainmeter. Plain text ... I'm stupid there... :Whistle :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Win11 Pro x64 (23H2 - 22631.3085)
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- Gigabyte B550i AORUS Pro AX V1.2
- Corsair Venegeance LPX 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Samsung 980Pro 250GB (NVMe) - Drive C: Windows
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- Mon 1: 24" HP 24f (1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz) - Primary
- Mon 2: 22" Philips 226VL (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 1
- Mon 3: 50" Philips 50PUS7304/12 (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 2
- Corsair CX 650M Power Supply
- NZXT H210 Case
- ISP Vodafone with 1000/50 Mbit Cable Internet

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 3:13 pm I don't know how are you creating the .rmskin skin installers, because the structure of the uploaded SlideShow_02_03_2021.rmskin is, well... let's say at least weird. The Fonts folder for instance has to be in the @Resources folder, but in your package it is outside of it. The Plugins folder has to be outside of the Skins folder, in your case it is inside, and even more: it's inside of SlidShow config as well. It also should have to include both plugin versions, the x64 and the x86 as well, but it has only the 64bit version and even that with a wrong folder name.
If you'd cretae the installer then you'd modify it manually, Rainmeter would refuse to run it. But your installer can be ran. So my first question here is how have you created this SlideShow_02_03_2021.rmskin skin installer? I have no idea... :confused:
His .rmskin is fine, but the folders for Fonts and Plugins are really of no value, since they won't be installed or used.

As you say, he needs to put Fonts in @Resources, and he needs to add the 32bit and 64bit versions of the plugin using the tool that creates the .rmskin.

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 4:06 pm His .rmskin is fine, but the folders for Fonts and Plugins are really of no value, since they won't be installed or used.

As you say, he needs to put Fonts in @Resources, and he needs to add the 32bit and 64bit versions of the plugin using the tool that creates the .rmskin.
Yes, I didn't say it can't be installed, it definitely can be. However what seemed weird to me is that Youkai1977 said in his previous reply that:
Youkai1977 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 4:05 pm I compiled it manually and then just let Rainmeter pack it as an rmskin package.
But in such a case the Skin installer shouldn't have to refuse to install the package, with an "Invalid package" message? I never have seen a manually created skin installer, which can be ran and which installs its content correctly. No explanation from my part so far...
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:32 pm Yes, I didn't say it can't be installed, it definitely can be. However what seemed weird to me is that Youkai1977 said in his previous reply that:

But in such a case the Skin installer shouldn't have to refuse to install the package, with an "Invalid package" message? I never have seen a manually created skin installer, which can be ran and which installs its content correctly. No explanation from my part so far...
As will also be apparent in my SlideShow, if any of you take a look in there, I probably think outside the box or complicated in too many ways. So also with the creation of rmskin packages.
Instead of dealing with the function in Rainmeter reasonably, I have instead copied the files that are needed in a new folder and then let Rainmeter pack this as *.rmskin package.
Jo, and if one then, I say as it is, shit builds, then such a crippled *rmskin package comes around. :oops:

Sorry again for that. :rosegift:
But I uploaded a now (hopefully) working package two posts above.
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- NZXT H210 Case

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:42 pm Instead of dealing with the function in Rainmeter reasonably, I have instead copied the files that are needed in a new folder and then let Rainmeter pack this as *.rmskin package.
Ok, this explains how have you created it.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:42 pm But I uploaded a now (hopefully) working package two posts above.
Alright, now it's ok.
Is there anything else we can help you with?
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 8:24 pm Ok, this explains how have you created it.

Alright, now it's ok.
Is there anything else we can help you with?
Glad to hear the rmskin paket worked now. :thumbup:
Yes, I could use some help though, because honestly I've never been so desperate when coding as I am now with this slideshow.
I attach the current Slideshow at the end. Because the ones from the rmskin package uploaded here today have already changed again since then.

So purely basically it works, but nothing as real or error free as I would like it to be. In addition, the weeks since I've been coding this stupid thing, I've gotten so confused, that I can't really see through my own code anymore ... Codeblind to say it so ...
I am really frustrated. :(

But ok, where could I use help?!
I post the current state (what works/problems/what I still want to implement) but just need a fresh pair of eyes to help, because I somehow check nothing more:

- The complete TimeSet - Story: ...concerning the MEASURES. Works perfectly, but I think that this is a part, which I have too complicated.
This should be able to do the following:
1) Set a time between 5 Sec and 5 Min (less than 5 Sec or more than 5 Min not possible) - WORKS.
2) Write the newly set counter time into the "slidshowdata.inc" and set it at the same time WITHOUT restarting [!refresh] the slideshow. - WORKS
3) The activation of the "SET"-Button or a MouseOverAction which then changes e.g. the color of the button, which occurs however only with change of the counter time - STILL CONSTRUCTED or NOT CONFIGURED.

- InputText-Plugin: For 'Content' and 'Folder' name works already on the whole, but...
1) When I activate this (i.e. want to enter text) the menu background slides away. I solved this temporarily by deactivating the MouseOverAction via [!SetOption], so that the menu backgound stays and doesn't close the menu, which meant that I only had the InputText input field on the slideshow. Here I tinker so that it sets after text input again the function, which I had previously disabled. So if someone here has a solution / idea ... I am all ears ...
2) Search or tinker I also here at a possibility the newly set content immediately without restart [!Refresh] of the slideshow then to take over, as with the counter time

- The whole menu structure when called, so the sequence, what builds up when how fast / is displayed. On the whole, I am satisfied with it, but then again somehow not. Especially how I have implemented the code-technically by ActionTimer plugin. Here would be me perhaps simply a fresh external opinion of you a help. For example, what is good, what could have been made easier, so is a complication in it etc. ...

Then to the last two points:
- What else should be implemented...
1) Selection of the image folder path by e.g. FileView plugin directly from the menu like all options already implemented so far.
2) Possibly a common SET button, which becomes active from grayed out, as soon as an option in the menu is changed, and which sets/writes then the respective changed option when pressing the same. Thus the SET button could be omitted with the counter time then.

Ok, and the last point ... to me one of the most important ... if a fresh pair of eyes looks at my current coding ("slideshow.ini" & "slideshowdata.inc") at all (and laughs what I have fabricated there). I think, there is certainly some stuff in there, which is obsolete/wrong.

In short ... yes I need help ... or meanwhile a doctor ... O.O
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- NZXT H210 Case

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 10:00 pm So purely basically it works, but nothing as real or error free as I would like it to be. In addition, the weeks since I've been coding this stupid thing, I've gotten so confused, that I can't really see through my own code anymore ... Codeblind to say it so ...
I am really frustrated. :(
Let's take all the steps described by you, one by one and not hurry too much. So, first: no, there are no errors. When I load / refresh the skin, no errors in the log at all. Not at least one error. So, what are you talking about? What errors do you see and where?
Additional comments:
  • :thumbup: I like how have you made those buttons on the right side of the skin to be shown / how are they disapperaing, when hovering the mouse over the skin / leaving it. Congratulations, looks extremely well.
  • :17denial The last posetd package, as skin installer, is broken again. The Skins folder contains a Skins_rmskin folder, which also contains a Plugins and a Slideshow folder. The skin itself is in the Slideshow folder, but the Plugin folder is useless in this place. The plugin is installed from the Plugins folder, contained directly into the skin installer. No need to have it once more. The Skins_rmskin folder is useless. Still recommend you to use the Skin packager to create the skin installer, as described by jsmorley.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:14 pm Let's take all the steps described by you, one by one and not hurry too much. So, first: no, there are no errors. When I load / refresh the skin, no errors in the log at all. Not at least one error. So, what are you talking about? What errors do you see and where?
Additional comments:
  • :thumbup: I like how have you made those buttons on the right side of the skin to be shown / how are they disapperaing, when hovering the mouse over the skin / leaving it. Congratulations, looks extremely well.
  • :17denial The last posetd package, as skin installer, is broken again. The Skins folder contains a Skins_rmskin folder, which also contains a Plugins and a Slideshow folder. The skin itself is in the Slideshow folder, but the Plugin folder is useless in this place. The plugin is installed from the Plugins folder, contained directly into the skin installer. No need to have it once more. The Skins_rmskin folder is useless. Still recommend you to use the Skin packager to create the skin installer, as described by jsmorley.
First of all, thank you for liking the menu and its structure. :) :rosegift:
This is one of the things I've been sitting forever, and so far not really 100% satisfied. I even wanted to tear it all out again and just make a simple SHOW or HIDE on MouseOver. But now that I got the positive feedback from you, I leave it in.

Then briefly to the last rmskin package. That does not exist now... O.O :???: :confused:
I have created the last package definitely (almost) as jsmorley described above.
The "almost" in brackets, by that I mean that I did everything as it should, according to jsmorley. Only in the selection of the actual skin, I had not taken the path where the skin is actually located, but in the skin installer then selected the backup file I created temporarily "slideshow.ini" on the desktop.
But well, my PC and Rainmeter is currently anyway such a thing. Like currently the "Speech-Plugin 2.4" what I currently integrate into my skin suite....but other (problem)-topic...

Sooooo, NOW to your current questions:
Correct, there are (currently) no errors in the log, and according to that the slideshow runs perfectly.
That's also not what I meant, and why I'm looking for help/support here in the forum. What I meant by "errors" is, I have the feeling that the actual implementation of the individual things (fading of the show, implementation of the TimeCounter and the SlideMenu) could have been solved more elegantly.
Then I have with the "Fade-Alphas" (also controls the ActionTimer) my problems. The "Fade-Alpha" is then set as variable "#FadeAlpha2#" on the menu (AdvanceSettings the items Subfolder, GreyFilter etc.). As soon as I had a MouseOver / MouseLeave on the single points, AND WHILE I set the variable #FadeAlpha2# again at the MouseLeave via [!SetOption], it does NOT work afterwards on the "SolidColor" of the meters "AS05_IN_TITLE_NAME" and "AS06_IN_TITLE_ORDER". In short, if the variable #FadeAlpha2# was replaced by a MouseOver / MouseLeave (in conjunction with [!SetOption]), SENSE is in the box and I no longer have a fade effect, which then looks like crap when the menu closes on exit, since these fields only disappear at the very end, when the actual menu is already closed.

Well and the rest ... see what I wrote the day before yesterday about my problems & wishes/ideas for the SlideShow.
- How to look over whether superfluous/remains in the *.ini & *.inc are from my weeks of tinkering, which I simply no longer see due to "code blindness".

But as you said ... "[...] ...one by one and not hurry too much... [...]" :)
I am already thankful that to my permanent whining at all still someone tries to help me... :oops: :-(

As a conclusion, here is another attempt to create a "FUNCTIONING" *.rmskin-Package (SlideShow04032021.rmskin) of my
"actual Problem-BETA-SlideShow Version". In the hope that this is FINALLY ALWAYS correct... :uhuh:
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- NZXT H210 Case

Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Hey, I wanted to get to your problems earlier but got busy with personal things so I am writing after all this time. I see you have already resolved your problems and what you are looking for is the code optimization help. From what I see is you have optimized it very well so far. I can only recommend you to consider changing your way of coding. It is something personal and that would probably require rewriting the whole skin. But since you have several times mentioned that you are a codeblind with your own code then I suppose it is within your interest to consider this.

I already have forgotten when I have been codeblind the last time because I have worked on the ways to reduce the amount of code in my skins :)

Here is how it looks for me for example:
Image 2.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 11:49 am First of all, thank you for liking the menu and its structure. :) :rosegift:
This is one of the things I've been sitting forever, and so far not really 100% satisfied. I even wanted to tear it all out again and just make a simple SHOW or HIDE on MouseOver. But now that I got the positive feedback from you, I leave it in.
I really like it. The movement of those buttons is extremely well looking, I like it very much. Congratulations!
Youkai1977 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 11:49 am Then briefly to the last rmskin package. That does not exist now... O.O :???: :confused:
Now it really doesn't, but in the previous package it was there. You can easily check, the uploaded package is still there.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 11:49 am Sooooo, NOW to your current questions:
Correct, there are (currently) no errors in the log, and according to that the slideshow runs perfectly.
That's also not what I meant, and why I'm looking for help/support here in the forum. What I meant by "errors" is, I have the feeling that the actual implementation of the individual things (fading of the show, implementation of the TimeCounter and the SlideMenu) could have been solved more elegantly.
Then I have with the "Fade-Alphas" (also controls the ActionTimer) my problems. The "Fade-Alpha" is then set as variable "#FadeAlpha2#" on the menu (AdvanceSettings the items Subfolder, GreyFilter etc.). As soon as I had a MouseOver / MouseLeave on the single points, AND WHILE I set the variable #FadeAlpha2# again at the MouseLeave via [!SetOption], it does NOT work afterwards on the "SolidColor" of the meters "AS05_IN_TITLE_NAME" and "AS06_IN_TITLE_ORDER". In short, if the variable #FadeAlpha2# was replaced by a MouseOver / MouseLeave (in conjunction with [!SetOption]), SENSE is in the box and I no longer have a fade effect, which then looks like crap when the menu closes on exit, since these fields only disappear at the very end, when the actual menu is already closed.
To be honest it's extremely hard for an "outsider" to follow what's going on in your skin. Not sure I can deal with those variables, at least not too quickly. Have to study a little bit the code, but definitely not now, due to the time-lack. Sorry, but will do this probably in the upcoming weekend. Sorry...
Youkai1977 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 11:49 am As a conclusion, here is another attempt to create a "FUNCTIONING" *.rmskin-Package (SlideShow04032021.rmskin) of my
"actual Problem-BETA-SlideShow Version". In the hope that this is FINALLY ALWAYS correct... :uhuh:
Regarding its structure, yep, it's correct this time, as said previously.