It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:56 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices

Post by Mordasius »

emp00 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:33 am @Mordasius: You are checking for the string "UNCH" in <change> and <change_pct> but in my stock portfolio I have never seen this giving "UNCH" in my Webparser-dumps:
Actually we are not checking for the string "UNCH" but rather substituting '0' for "UNCH" ( Substitute="UNCH":"0" ) in [mIndex_UpDown]. That's a carry over from earlier versions of MarketPrices ( pre-February 2024) when the price of each stock/index was read from a separate web page which sometimes displayed "UNCH" meaning unchanged. This mostly meant that the stock was not being traded because the markets were closed. However, some stock are traded after hours which shows as changes in price and Indices in particular seem to be "traded" or at least the composite price changes all the time.

So whilst the "UNCH" flag indicates when many stocks and commodities are, or rather are not, being traded it can't be reliably used determine whether the markets are open or closed. I expect all the information you need is buried somewhere in the CNBC xml file - it's just a case of waiting until the markets open on Monday to see what is going on.
sk14

Post by sk14 »

Mordasius wrote: April 6th, 2024, 6:12 am Yes that is what was needed. It seems to be working well and behaving itself on my desktop. Guess I'll have to leave it there until the markets open to see what happens.
The only changes I made to your last posted Skin was to add the lines limiting decimal places to (2). Don't know if that could have any effect.
sk14

Post by sk14 »

A few new pics from today showing the "gray" issues with the Skin. Was wondering if you had any luck with finding the culprit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crick

Post by Crick »

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the latest version of the skin. When adding the CW8^-IT action, nothing works anymore. After various tests, this is when a symbol contains "^".
Do you have any ideas to resolve this?
Capture d'écran 2024-04-23 001208.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Crick wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 10:14 pm I have a problem with the latest version of the skin. When adding the CW8^-IT action, nothing works anymore.
I think this is because you entered the wrong symbol in StockSymbols.inc

What you need to do is go to http://www.cnbc.com then enter the stock/index name you want in the search box. When the page opens look in the top-left address window and make a note of EXACTLY what comes after https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/

In this case the page address is https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/CW8%5E-IT which means you need to enter the following in StockSymbols.inc

Code: Select all

Label-1="Amundi Index Solutions"
Symbol1=CW8%5E-IT
Crick

Post by Crick »

Perfect, thanks you very much :]
sk14

Post by sk14 »

Mordasius wrote: April 6th, 2024, 6:12 am Yes that is what was needed. It seems to be working well and behaving itself on my desktop. Guess I'll have to leave it there until the markets open to see what happens.
Any update?