It is currently July 27th, 2024, 8:20 am

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Hackit

Re: Market Prices

Post by Hackit »

loving the skin.
have a quick question.
crypto seems to show an error if the value is to small, ex 0.0000050
can this be fixed or any value past 2 decimals is not going to work?
thanks
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right”

DeviantArt Profile
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Hackit wrote: March 14th, 2023, 9:37 pm crypto seems to show an error if the value is to small, ex 0.0000050
Is it the price or the change that is not displaying correctly? I'll assume it is the change in price and I'll also assume that you don't want the change in price of all stocks to be shown to seven decimal places.

If the first stock in your list is showing incorrectly then you need to open ...Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MarketPrices\@Resources\MarketPrices.ini find [LabelIndex1_Change] and add NumOfDecimals=7

If it is the third stock in your list you need to open ...Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MarketPrices\@Resources\MoreThanOne.inc find [LabelIndex3_Change] and add NumOfDecimals=7
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

its the latest price that shows weird.
right now it shows as 1.042e-05
where cnbc show the current price at 0.00001039

DeviantArt Profile
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

What crypto are you tracking?
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

the one above is shiba

DeviantArt Profile
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Do you mean Shiba Inu/USD Coin Metrics? Please send me the exact symbol you are trying to track because I can't get anything Shiba related to work with the Market Prices Skin. I need the exact symbol you have used in StockSymbols.inc

Have you thought about investing in more traditional and currently profitable stuff like Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman or Boeing? I can't help but wonder what the attraction is of an unregulated stock that trades at one millionth of a USD.
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

lol, i have all kinds of investments. but i do have some that are very risky/funny.

SHIB.CM=

DeviantArt Profile
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Well I'm not sure what is going on. The screenshot below is from the MarketPrices skin ( Version=29-01-22 ) with Symbol1=SHIB.CM=
Markets.png
There is no need to add NumOfDecimals=7 because the skin is displaying the string scraped from the CNBC site. So I suspect the odd values you were seeing are due to the way the values are stored on the site. This would explain the value of 1.042e-05 you saw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mordasius on March 17th, 2023, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RamonaSteve

Re: Market Prices - Cannot Edit Stocks/Labels

Post by RamonaSteve »

I am unable to edit Stocks or Labels. When I click the Edit Stocks/Labels menu item, nothing happens. Edit Skin opens 8quotes in Notepad as expected. I am running Windows 11 with Rainmeter 4.5.17.3700 (64-bit) and 8quotes version 220718.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices - Cannot Edit Stocks/Labels

Post by Mordasius »

RamonaSteve wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:41 am I am running Windows 11 with Rainmeter 4.5.17.3700 (64-bit) and 8quotes version 220718.
I suggest you download the latest version of Market Prices from DA. The 2018 version you are using has been updated a number of times.