It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:24 am

Window controls stop responding intermittently.

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yelnoc4

Window controls stop responding intermittently.

Post by Yelnoc4 »

intermittently over the last few days I've found that I can click within windows and activate them, but Close/Max/Min operations do not respond nor does the task bar.

I had been just waiting a minute or 2 or alt-tabbing around to clear things up, but the problem became worse. I then decided to kill the Rainmeter process and the problem immediately cleared up. Happened a second time today after a reboot. I then started Rainmeter again and all is well.

I'm on the beta. The latest, I believe.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Window controls stop responding intermittently.

Post by SilverAzide »

Yelnoc4 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:30 pm intermittently over the last few days I've found that I can click within windows and activate them, but Close/Max/Min operations do not respond nor does the task bar.

I had been just waiting a minute or 2 or alt-tabbing around to clear things up, but the problem became worse. I then decided to kill the Rainmeter process and the problem immediately cleared up. Happened a second time today after a reboot. I then started Rainmeter again and all is well.

I'm on the beta. The latest, I believe.
This most likely has nothing to do with Rainmeter, and everything to do with one of the skins you are using. Unload all skins and add them back one by one, making sure everything is stable before adding each additional skin. Alternatively, once your system is unstable, unload skins one by one until performance returns. Either way, you'll narrow down which skin is causing the problem.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yelnoc4

Re: Window controls stop responding intermittently.

Post by Yelnoc4 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I removed the CPU ModernGadget and took the On Hover action off the other two and I haven't had the problem in the past half hour. Not conclusive, but it's a good start. Strange how it just started happening.