It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:56 am

windows 10 explorer freezes causing windows 10 be unresponsive

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
nemesis77

windows 10 explorer freezes causing windows 10 be unresponsive

Post by nemesis77 »

This issue occured 10 months ago, but since rainmeter haven't been updated, I guess the same issue still persists.

I was going to reinstall it, but wanted to see if the issue has been reported by someone else, and maybe fixed in the beta version..

it took a while for me to connect this issue with rainmeter, because it's not anything that really crashes, but the symptom was that windows become unresponsive, moving the mouse took minutes, it was like everything running in a swamp.
When restarting, the computer started to shutdown, but never ever completed the restart, so the only option was a hard reset. (which is tricky, since I'm using the computer remotely)
I can't have it freeze up like that..

is this anything that have been reported, is there any point to try the beta?
Jeff

Re: windows 10 explorer freezes causing windows 10 be unresponsive

Post by Jeff »

There was a memory leak with r3398 so if you're on that version, update to the latest beta
If you have a skin like a visualizer and you set the resolution of the bars to be a really really high number or an unoptimized skin that reads an absurd number of files per second, it kinda speaks for itself, check the Rainmeter Log for errors

Though lag this hard sounds really unrainmeter like, check the Windows Event Viewer as well for errors/warnings and/or the Windows Task Manager, you sure it's not anything else?
nemesis77

Re: windows 10 explorer freezes causing windows 10 be unresponsive

Post by nemesis77 »

thx for the reply.
I got 4.3.1.3321..

this issue was so strange that it took forever to isolate rainmeter, and even thou I had disabled all skins, it still caused this..
now the computer is on 24/7, and it took a few days before it started to act weird.. I doubt that there are any logs left since then, but now when you're mention memory leak... it sounds like a possible cause..

I'll download the beta and hope that it won't lock up everything again 😊