It is currently May 9th, 2024, 2:01 am

Skripting BUG . RegExpTester vs Real

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gtjgtj

Re: Skripting BUG . RegExpTester vs Real

Post by gtjgtj »

@Silver Azide:

I Use Notepad++ and I now changed the encoding to UCS-2 LE BOM - Thank you :-)

@balala:

Yeah - now it works the ­[\xAD] was it.

But where do you know that this is the correct character code for the "-" ? Where can I find it for other symbols? e.g. the "ü" in Wolfenbüttel
Works it only because I change the coding in Notepad++ into UCS-2 LE-BOM?

You are right, "Wolfenbüttel" does not appear in the HTML code of this mentioned homepage.
It was only an example, because I get the value of Wolfenbüttel from another web page. But since it is probably the same problem, I have quoted it.

I think I would just have to find the correct letter code for the "ü" and put it in.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:48 pm @balala:

Yeah - now it works the ­[\xAD] was it.

But where do you know that this is the correct character code for the "-" ?
Here is how have I proceded:
I look for Nieder-Sachsen in the source code of the site. Didn't find it, so looked for Nieder. Got one single result. When I copied the name from the source code, I figured out that the - is a little bit different then what have you used. So I used an online tool to get the ASCII code of their character. when I pasted the copied character, got nothing shown up in the panel, however when I clicked the Get ASCII values button on the above online tool, got the posted AD hex code for the character and accordingly I used the needed and posted [\xAD] code in the RegExp option.
It's a little bit weird, that if I copy the ­chracter from the source code of the site, I get nothing visible posted into the online tool, however the appropriate ASCII code is returned. I suppose that's a somehow special chracater, but I'm not sure at all what's exactly going on.
gtjgtj wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:48 pm Works it only because I change the coding in Notepad++ into UCS-2 LE-BOM?
Yes, this is important as well, but probably not sufficient, according to what I described above.
gtjgtj wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:48 pm I think I would just have to find the correct letter code for the "ü" and put it in.
As described Wolfenbüttel is not listed on the site. I tried to look for Wolfenb as well, to make sure the ü letter doesn't create problems (as the - character above), but didn't find this either, so probably Wolfenbüttel is not there at all, in other forms either.
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

As described Wolfenbüttel is not listed on the site. I tried to look for Wolfenb as well, to make sure the ü letter doesn't create problems (as the - character above), but didn't find this either, so probably Wolfenbüttel is not there at all, in other forms either.
As I said, it was an example. In fact, I search for Wolfenbüttel on this page:
https://www.apps.nlga.niedersachsen.de/corona/iframe.php

There you will find Wolfenbüttel and other places in Lower Saxony that also have umlauts now and then.

I haven't used the web parser on this page yet, but I want to do it to read the values from my hometown Wolfenbüttel.

Here the HTML-Code detail from mentioned site:

Code: Select all

<tr>
        <td>Wolfenbüttel</td>
        <td align="right">1790 (+13)</td>
        <td align="right">1 496,4</td>
        <td align="right">60</td>
        <td align="right">50,2</td>
        <td align="right">81 (+1)</td>
      </tr>
According to your online tool (thank you for the link), I would have a hex code "FC" for "ü".
For Rainmeter I must then write [\xFC]?

Wolfenb[\xFC]ttel ?? Like this?:

RegExp=(?siU).*<td>Wolfenb[\xFC]ttel</td>
        <td align="right">(.*)</td>
Sorry, I can't test it at this moment, I'm currently not at home... ;-)

Thanks for all answers
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:14 am As I said, it was an example. In fact, I search for Wolfenbüttel on this page:
https://www.apps.nlga.niedersachsen.de/corona/iframe.php

There you will find Wolfenbüttel and other places in Lower Saxony that also have umlauts now and then.
I didn't say such a place doesn't exist. It definitely might exist, but it's not listed on the initial source. That's all.
gtjgtj wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:14 am According to your online tool (thank you for the link), I would have a hex code "FC" for "ü".
For Rainmeter I must then write [\xFC]?

Wolfenb[\xFC]ttel ?? Like this?:

RegExp=(?siU).*<td>Wolfenb[\xFC]ttel</td>
Sorry, I can't test it at this moment, I'm currently not at home... ;-)
Try for first with ü. Additionally note that the RegExp must be written in one single line, so try something like this for first: RegExp=(?siU)<tr>.*<td>Wolfenbüttel</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*</tr>. This one works, just tried it out.
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

Try for first with ü. Additionally note that the RegExp must be written in one single line, so try something like this for first: RegExp=(?siU)<tr>.*<td>Wolfenbüttel</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*<td align="right">(.*)</td>.*</tr>. This one works, just tried it out.
Yes, that works - even with an "ü"
Thank you very much :thumbup:

It's not completely finished yet, but it works. I have to work a bit on the design now.
Here's a picture (the Button is still incorrectly labeled) :

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:01 pm Yes, that works - even with an "ü"
Thank you very much :thumbup:
With many pleasure.
gtjgtj wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:01 pm It's not completely finished yet, but it works. I have to work a bit on the design now.
Here's a picture (the Button is still incorrectly labeled) :
Ok, please feel free to come back if any new question arises.
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

:bow: