It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:11 am

[Feature Suggestion] Windowed Mode

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
OxymoRonald

[Feature Suggestion] Windowed Mode

Post by OxymoRonald »

I'm aware this in not what Rainmeter was originally intended for, but it seems a lot of people nowadays are using Rainmeter to display stats and visualizers in streams etc. At the moment that means setting up a second (virtual)monitor since OBS isn't able to grab Rainmeter.

My suggestion would be for Rainmeter to have the option to run in windowed mode (either entirely or per skin) with a customizable background color (for keying) something like this:
rainmeter.JPG
This way you can add Rainmeter to OBS without having to sacrifice an entire screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

Re: [Feature Suggestion] Windowed Mode

Post by Jeff »

Oh boy here we go again

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35090&p=175037#p175037

Related to Rainmeter's child windows being selectable, I still suggest that there should be an option to let users be able to alt tab to the skin, VectorConverter's RainFile.exe does just that and it's really a waste that it's not in native Rainmeter
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Feature Suggestion] Windowed Mode

Post by Yincognito »

I don't know all the details of this, but I wouldn't like skins to have form-like borders around them, personally. Regarding OBS, apart from the ability to capture working without issues in other software (e.g. MSI Afterburner), can't streaming be achieved through a 3rd party application or frameserving? Just saying / asking...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth