It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:17 am

[Feature Suggestion]FileView plugin, revisited

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
mak_kawa

[Feature Suggestion]FileView plugin, revisited

Post by mak_kawa »

1) I would be very happy if the FileView plugin has a parent option as SortDateType=Captured to sort based on Exif Create Date (or Date/Time Original) of the images, which is different from "Created" time of the Windows file system.**

** Just to get Exif capture date, needless to say, we can use PowerShell script or ExifTool.exe via RunCommand, as I have written somewhere. What I am talking about is the sorting criteria for the indexing by FileView.

2) And.... bring up again... :-) FolderInfo Plugin has a "RegExpFilter" option which is really useful for path filtering. Why FileView plugin hasn't such option? "WildcardSearch" option seems to have only single non-RegExp criteria. Or, am I missing something?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Feature Suggestion]FileView plugin, revisited

Post by Yincognito »

mak_kawa wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:36 pm2) And.... bring up again... :-) FolderInfo Plugin has a "RegExpFilter" option which is really useful for path filtering. Why FileView plugin hasn't such option? "WildcardSearch" option seems to have only single non-RegExp criteria. Or, am I missing something?
Yep, it would be useful indeed. My guess is that the plugin is running some cmd.exe commands in the background, thus having to obey cmd.exe's wildcard specifics instead of being able to access some other regex featured functions. That's the only explanation I can think of.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth