It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:08 am

AMD Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Lssg97

Re: AMD Plugin

Post by Lssg97 »

Hi NaliLord,

In the process of using this plugin, I seem to have discovered a bug.

The system I am using is Windows 7, and the graphics card is AMD Radeon R7 240. When monitoring the use of video memory, the value returned by the plug-in has grown larger and larger over time since the computer was turned on, and even exceeded the capacity of the video memory itself (as shown in the figure below), and there has been no decrease in the value. The graphics memory usage in the AMD Radeon Software program is normal.

picture.png

On another Windows 10 system with the same graphics card, there is no such error. The plug-in returns the same value as in the AMD Radeon Software program.

Is there a solution to this problem?

-Lssg97
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Hey Lssg97,

unfortunate the used D3D Kernel API to query the VRAM is not available below Windows 8.1. Also, who is still using Windows 7, it's EoL since January 14, 2020 ;)
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

NaliLord wrote: June 24th, 2021, 5:18 am unfortunate the used D3D Kernel API to query the VRAM is not available below Windows 8.1.)
Ok i got it, thank you for your answer. :-(
AlmightyBeing

Post by AlmightyBeing »

Hello Nalilord,

I have been using a plugin that uses msiafterburner for GPU monitoring for about 3 years and recently realised that with the msiafterburner closed, I get nearly 10% more GPU performance, so I decided I needed a new way to monitor my GPU with rainmeter. That's when I found your plugin, since I already have AMD monitoring my GPU it takes up no overhead.

I have numerous other modules(is that the right word?) that are using the same skin so I didn't want to change it so I am trying to edit the skin instead but I am running into an issue. The usage section is set to 'Activity' as it seems the most appropriate measuring option but the numbers don't line up to anything that AMD nor task manager report. When running barely anything it goes from 0 to 24 to 0 to 60 with each refresh while Radeon software just says a consistent number%. I have guessed that maybe 'Activity' isn't the usage but don't know what it is if it isn't and that would mean that there isn't a usage monitor.

This is what the GPU monitor looks like. (Note: the bars are wrong in the image, I have since fixed them) Image

and the relevant config

Code: Select all

[MeasureGPUUsage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\AMDPlugin.dll
MeasureID=Activity
AdapterID=0
---------------------------------------

[GPU_MeterPercent]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureGPUUsage
StringAlign=LEFT
X=177
Y=54
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontSize=12
FontFace=Lato
AntiAlias=1
Text="%1%"
Percentual=1
AutoScale=1

[GPU_MeterLabel]
Meter=STRING
Text="USAGE"
X=10
Y=39
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontSize=10
FontFace=Futura Md BT
AntiAlias=1

[GPU_MeterBar0]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#Images\0bar100.png
X=10
Y=56

[GPU_MeterBar]
MeasureName=MeasureGPUUsage
Meter=Bar
BarImage=#@#Images\bar100.png
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=10
Y=56
P.S: where it has 'Fan RPM' used to be 'FPS' but your plugin doesn't seem to have an option for this. Radeon software has the option though so is it possible to add it?
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Hey,

uhh this could have numerous of reasons, do you have something running in the background like wallpaper engine? If you have a high sample rate this could lead to spikes, the plugin does not calculate average values it takes the raw value from the driver each sample.

You could also try the test application, I compiled it and uploaded it to the latest version of the release on github: https://github.com/nalilord/AMDPlugin/releases/download/0.5/TestApp_x64.zip

Regarding the fan FPS (never heard of it) I will check the API what other values are supported and can be read.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

First, very nice work with the plugin. :thumbup:
Second, I reckon AMD HD 7610M (1GB DDR3, driver: Crimson v. 16.2.1 from the AMD/ATI site) is not supported - at least in version 1.0.0.20 of your plugin:
AMD Plugin.jpg
Third, this is most likely a false positive, but, for the x86 DLL of the 1.0.5.1 version of your plugin:
VirusTotal.jpg
AlmightyBeing

Post by AlmightyBeing »

NaliLord wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:57 pm Regarding the fan FPS (never heard of it) I will check the API what other values are supported and can be read.
By FPS I meant frames per second lol. In the radeon software its the top metric in the performance -> metrics tab.

I fixed the usage error, thanks. turns out all I had to do was take out the percentual and autoscale part, I'm a dummy.
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Yincognito wrote: August 1st, 2021, 4:11 pm First, very nice work with the plugin. :thumbup:
Second, I reckon AMD HD 7610M (1GB DDR3, driver: Crimson v. 16.2.1 from the AMD/ATI site) is not supported - at least in version 1.0.0.20 of your
Thanks! Regarding supporting old cards/drivers in the plugin, nope, sorry, I don't have an old card driver combo to test with. Did you try to update the driver to Adrenalin? I know laptop driver packages are a pain but usually you can extract the desktop installer and install the driver by hand, this is what I did back in the day when I had a laptop.
AlmightyBeing wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 3:44 am By FPS I meant frames per second lol. In the radeon software its the top metric in the performance -> metrics tab.
lul, okay, I did not get this in relation with a hardware stats tool, sorry! Also this has nothing to do with the OD API, it is related to the AMD Gaming overlay stuff.
AlmightyBeing wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 3:44 am I fixed the usage error, thanks. turns out all I had to do was take out the percentual and autoscale part, I'm a dummy.
Ah nice, a simple fix, was also thinking about value smoothing and calculating a time average for the Activity value.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

NaliLord wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 1:01 pm Thanks! Regarding supporting old cards/drivers in the plugin, nope, sorry, I don't have an old card driver combo to test with. Did you try to update the driver to Adrenalin? I know laptop driver packages are a pain but usually you can extract the desktop installer and install the driver by hand, this is what I did back in the day when I had a laptop.
No problem - I also used to do that for zipped packages and to avoid all the bloatware packed along the driver. Regarding driver versions, I never heard of Adrenalin (and even if I did, not sure it'll suit my hardware nowadays). This is where I get/got my drivers from - only the Catalyst and the Crimson ones there (I used Catalyst for a long time, then got bored and tried the Crimson one to see if there is something different at it).
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Adrenalin is the latest driver architecture from AMD there is also a legacy version for older hardware. I only developed and tested the plugin for the Adrenalin version.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-win10-64bit-legacyasics-june21-legacy.exe

But a quick check, the HD 7610M is based on the TeraScale 2 MA that means it is a HD 5000 Series on desktop. Yeah, I don't think Adrenalin will work with this chip :(

But you could try the OG ATI Plugin: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=9780