It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:36 pm

Is It Possible to have 2 Instances of Rainmeter Running Simultaneously?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is It Possible to have 2 Instances of Rainmeter Running Simultaneously?

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:19 am Ok. I am going to digress. :vomit:
I will get going on debugging on my own for now.
Mostly these have been designed or redesigned completely by me, so I am pretty sure there are going to be many reboots going, and no one should do that for me.

Thanks, since I can now start Rainmeter on the first try now - so mission accomplished LOL. :lol:
No problem - good luck in finding the culprit! ;-) You don't necessarily have to reboot to test such things though (unless the issue happens only when starting the 2 Rainmeters imediately after reboot - and if so, then the problem might be that they're doing something too early on), trying to restart the 2 Rainmeter instances (i.e. close, then execute again) should be enough and would considerably speed up the process. Also, try to look for things that conflict with each other, access the same resource, write to the same place, or otherwise deal with related operating system resources, that kind of stuff - once you get past the "which INI is the bad guy here?" and get to "what line is behaving like a jerk here?".
CodeCode

Re: Is It Possible to have 2 Instances of Rainmeter Running Simultaneously?

Post by CodeCode »

Yep. of the6 or 7 skins in that pack, i only used 5.
Of those 5, i really only would really like to keep 1: the "fancy net" one.

I am going to sift through it and make it shorter horizontally and taller vertically, so possibly in this rewrite, the (if any singular) issue can be corrected.