It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:31 pm

changing size of skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: changing size of skins

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: August 5th, 2021, 4:39 pm IF the author has made it like that.

You can not do it with every skin.
Right. But I saw very less skins having this feature.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 5th, 2021, 6:35 pm Right. But I saw very less skins having this feature.
Yes, because the easiest way to do it is designing the skin FROM THE START (sorry for the caps, I'm on mobile and it's easier than adding effects to the text using little buttons) with the idea of being scalable in mind. Most people don't bother with the flexibility aspect, and when they somehow decide on having this feature, it's usually too late as they'd have to go through many lines of code to make it work.

If one start with scalability it mind, it's usually nothing more than multiplying every coordinate with a "scale" variable. Very easy to do it from the beginning.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 5th, 2021, 7:28 pm Yes, because the easiest way to do it is designing the skin FROM THE START (sorry for the caps, I'm on mobile and it's easier than adding effects to the text using little buttons) with the idea of being scalable in mind. Most people don't bother with the flexibility aspect, and when they somehow decide on having this feature, it's usually too late as they'd have to go through many lines of code to make it work.

If one start with scalability it mind, it's usually nothing more than multiplying every coordinate with a "scale" variable. Very easy to do it from the beginning.
Yep, my Mirage hasn't been scalable so far, however I'm working on its scalable version now. Probably it'll take a lot of time to realize the final version, but I'm working on it. It's not easy at all...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 5th, 2021, 8:18 pm Yep, my Mirage hasn't been scalable so far, however I'm working on its scalable version now. Probably it'll take a lot of time to realize the final version, but I'm working on it. It's not easy at all...
Yes, I completely agree - not easy to do it afterwards. My skin suite was scalable from the start (didn't use a "scale" variable though, as I scale based on font parameters only, since it's all text for me; all I need to do is invisibly draw the maximum extent of text once and then the actual visible drawing and skin sizing is based on that), so I luckily don't have that problem. I just recently added mouse scroll based scaling to my rotating 3D Earth skin that you know of, and fortunately it wasn't that hard as the amount of code is reasonable (though I had to adjust a bit the transformation matrices and some other coordinates involved in rotation). With that, all the skins that actually matter to me are "complying with the standard", so to speak.

I've always been of the opinion that once the foundation / basis is adjustable / flexible enough, you can build pretty much anything on it. I don't like to repeat doing the same thing if I can avoid it, thus my initial idea to start as adjustable and modular as possible. In fact, most of my modifications to my suite have been in terms of functionality or features, as the design part is pretty stable and easily tweakable.

By the way, if you don't dynamically change coordinates or dimensions from bangs, Lua or other "external" means and the fonts you use are relatively stable, a regular expression replace in Notepad++ can save you of a lot of effort when it comes to X,Y,W,H or FontSize. The things become a bit harder to do this way in the case of Shapes or other elements where coordinates and dimensions are placed in a "volatile" manner depending on the element type, but even there I guess it's possible to do it so that it makes things a bit easier... :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 5th, 2021, 10:01 pm Yes, I completely agree - not easy to do it afterwards. My skin suite was scalable from the start (didn't use a "scale" variable though,
As usually different authors, different approaches...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 6th, 2021, 8:43 am As usually different authors, different approaches...
That's true. Let me know if I can be of some help though. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 6th, 2021, 9:46 am That's true. Let me know if I can be of some help though. ;-)
Thanks but no.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 6th, 2021, 2:27 pmThanks but no.
As you wish. :thumbup:
NeutralJam96278

Post by NeutralJam96278 »

I know this is an old thread however (this is for the Mond skin) if you right click on the clock and press edit skin scroll down until you see These values:

(THIS IS FOR THE 24 HOUR CLOCK)

Code: Select all

[Meter24hClock]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTime
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Quicksand
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontSize=(15*#Scale#)
X=(340*#Scale#)
Y=(120*#Scale#)
Text="- %1 -"
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=#Hidden#
(THIS IS FOR THE 12 HOUR CLOCK

[Meter12hClock]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTime
MeasureName2=MeasureAmPm
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Quicksand
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontSize=(15*#Scale#)
X=(340*#Scale#)
Y=(120*#Scale#)
Text="- %1 %2 -"
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=#Hidden2#
(THIS IS FOR THE DAY)

[MeterDay]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureDay
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Anurati
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontSize=(30*#Scale#)
X=(340*#Scale#)
Y=(0*#Scale#)
Text="%1"
InlineSetting=CharacterSpacing | 10 | 10
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
(THIS IS FOR THE DATE)

[MeterDate]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureDate
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Quicksand
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontSize=(15*#Scale#)
X=(340*#Scale#)
Y=(75*#Scale#)
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

To change the size of the font just change the number in FontSize = (15*#scale#)
Last edited by balala on January 11th, 2024, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting codes. It's the </> button.