It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:28 pm

Looking for an easy step-by-step guide to build a weather widget

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Looking for an easy step-by-step guide to build a weather widget

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 10th, 2020, 5:40 am Thanks, I will look at adding this to Tips and I will add a link to JSMorley's Weather.com for sure!

That may take a day or two since I would like it to follow the style of the current examples and perhaps add actual code 'text' elements instead of simply images of the code.
Yeah, no worries - take your time to do it right. Regarding the link, I meant that JSMorley should have a link to your tutorial in his Weather.com - Parsing the JSON thread (not just you to his thread). Something like a "Guide To Build Your Own Weather Skin For Beginners" link/note, or something like that. His thread has maximum visibility, since anyone looking to build a wether skin must go there to download his files, so such a link would cover those who don't necessarily want to (or don't know how to) tweak and modify his skin, but instead are just starting with Rainmeter and look to build their skins to be significantly different from JSMorley's one. That would make things easier for those helping out as well, since pointing users to either your tutorial or JSMorley's thread (where a link to your tutorial would exist too) would be enough to give them a starting point.

That's just my opinion, of course - maybe I'm overthinking it. The decision is yours and/or JSMorley's, obviously.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth