It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:01 pm

Slideshow Mastery

Skins with graphics and animations
Cadrell

Slideshow Mastery

Post by Cadrell »

Customizable slideshow (sequential or random order) with adjustable background, frame, border, & shadow
  • Supports image manipulation for greyscale, tinting, opacity, & Exif rotation
  • Left-click can be set to update, pause, open image, open folder, or do nothing
  • Scroll mouse wheel to sequentially cycle forwards or backwards
  • Middle click to refresh
  • Settings button or right-click for all left-click & scroll options
  • Set programs you want to open image or folder
Inspired by Custom Slideshow Frame by M4he.
Glass reflection added as a tribute to Glasses by VClouds.

Design Idea
Changelog:
0.11.1-20210812
  • Separated user-modified variables & rest of the skin for faster, easier support of multiple slideshows
  • Added support for greyscale & image tinting
  • Removed menu option to change corner style
  • Added sample slideshows & layout for all skin styles in sample image
0.10.3-20210811
  • Fixed error setting left-click to open an image or folder in a specified program
0.10.2-20210704
  • Context menu added for all left-click & scroll options
  • Replaced slideshow mode & corners buttons with settings button
  • Use settings button or right-click to access context menu
  • Variables added to start paused, rotate image based on Exif info, & specify particular programs to open images or folders
  • Tooltip now shows if slideshow is paused or not
0.9.2-20200820
  • First release
Tbecher

Re: Slideshow Mastery

Post by Tbecher »

Thank you for making this! I have been struggling with Windows 11 slideshow being very limited, especially when 1 of my 3 monitors is in portrait. I was able to get my desired outcomes with this by tinkering around in the .ini. Speaking of the .ini thank you again for the clear comments on what changing certain variables will do.

I do have a question though. As I am using this as a full screen wallpaper shuffle, and it may not be entirely meant for that, is there any way to allow desktop icons to appear in front of the Slideshow Mastery plugin? I'm admittedly new to Rainmeter and only started tinkering with it this morning, perhaps there is even a different plugin that would bring my icons forward a layer.

Even if you have no input to offer on this I still appreciate what you've made here, it fixed my portrait monitor issue wonderfully.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Tbecher wrote: December 27th, 2022, 2:22 am I do have a question though. As I am using this as a full screen wallpaper shuffle, and it may not be entirely meant for that, is there any way to allow desktop icons to appear in front of the Slideshow Mastery plugin? I'm admittedly new to Rainmeter and only started tinkering with it this morning, perhaps there is even a different plugin that would bring my icons forward a layer.
The OP is not too active on the forums, so hopefully you (or he) won't mind me responding to your question.

First, regarding your reference above, this would not be considered a "plugin". This is typically called a "skin". A plugin is typically a C/C# .dll that extends Rainmeter functionality beyond the normal scope of Rainmeter itself.

Secondly, to answer your question "is there any way to allow desktop icons to appear in front [of] Slideshow Mastery", the answer is "no"... Windows itself will not allow any normal window to appear behind desktop icons. This has nothing to do with Rainmeter, it is a Windows thing. There are some exceptions (like Stardock Fences, etc.) but in general nothing (like a skin) can go behind a desktop icon, including windows with their Z-order set to "on desktop".
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Cadrell

Post by Cadrell »

I'm so sorry! Gmail put notice of your post in my spam folder & I just saw it!
Tbecher wrote: December 27th, 2022, 2:22 am Thank you for making this! I have been struggling with Windows 11 slideshow being very limited, especially when 1 of my 3 monitors is in portrait. I was able to get my desired outcomes with this by tinkering around in the .ini. Speaking of the .ini thank you again for the clear comments on what changing certain variables will do.
You're welcome! My design & notes in the skin were meant to help anybody new to Rainmeter, anybody new to that skin ... & my forgetful self whenever I need to do anything with the skin! :lol:
I do have a question though. As I am using this as a full screen wallpaper shuffle, and it may not be entirely meant for that, is there any way to allow desktop icons to appear in front of the Slideshow Mastery plugin? I'm admittedly new to Rainmeter and only started tinkering with it this morning, perhaps there is even a different plugin that would bring my icons forward a layer.

Even if you have no input to offer on this I still appreciate what you've made here, it fixed my portrait monitor issue wonderfully.
As SilverAzide replied, due to the design of MS Windows, Rainmeter skins can't go behind desktop icons. Any program in Windows - including all of Windows' own apps - will be above your desktop icons.

You can, however, layer Rainmeter skins & save them in layouts maintaining that order. Many people have had variants of your idea. They simply removed their desktop icons, made replacement Rainmeter icons, & layered their Rainmeter wallpaper underneath. That's a major reason there are so many docks & launchers & icon suites.

*** Edit 2023-01-09 ***
I thought about this yesterday & just tried it out. You might consider Wallpaper Engine. That would let you change just your portrait monitor. It also modifies the actual wallpaper layer of Windows, so it would be below your desktop icons. Possible downside is the minimum change time is 1 minute. Additionally, you can only have a solid color background behind your image(s) if they're not the same aspect ratio as that monitor. Wallpaper Engine chooses a dominant color of each image as their default backgrounds, so that may be a plus.